Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Day 12 - An episode you've watched more than 5 times

It's a good thing I'm not supposed to list every episode I've watched more than 5 times, or we'd be here all winter.  But instead of writing about just one ep, I'm going to write about three:  the first three episodes of The Lone Ranger.


When we were kids, The Lone Ranger movie was one of our favorites to get from the library when we had a cold or some other reason to rent videos.  We watched it a lot.  I still have most of the dialog memorized.  So for Christmas one year, Mom and Dad gave Johnnycake a VHS tape containing the first three episodes of the TV show.  We watched that tape over and over too, especially after we moved from MI to NC and no longer had access to the movie.  Those three eps -- "Enter the Lone Ranger," "The Lone Ranger Fights On," and "The Lone Ranger Triumphs" -- are deeply ingrained in my imagination.  The Lone Ranger's determination, honesty, fair play, and loneliness are all things that pop up in characters I write today.  What's not to love about a guy who befriends intelligent American Indians and gorgeous horses?  He was one of my earliest heroes, and one I still enjoy watching or listening to (I love the original radio show too).  While I have all 3 of those eps on DVD now, you can watch them here if you've a mind to.


"A fiery horse with the speed of light... a cloud of dust... and the hearty, 'Hi-yo, Silver!  Away!"

1 comment:

  1. Alas, I've never seen any Lone Ranger. One of these days!

    ReplyDelete

Agree or disagree? That is the question...

Comments on old posts are always welcome! Posts older than 7 days are on moderation to dissuade spambots, so if your comment doesn't show up right away, don't worry -- it will once I approve it.

(Rudeness and vulgar language will not be tolerated.)