- When you receive the award, link back to keepcalmandsparkle1099.blogspot.com and the blog that nominated you (in this case, For the Beauty of the Earth)
- Display the award button in the post
- Answer all of the 12 questions given in this post (do not make your own questions)
- Nominate 8 bloggers (see below)
- Notify them that they have been awarded.
1. What made you start blogging?
A newspaper article. Back in the fall of 2002, I picked up a newspaper in the break room at work and read an article about these new things called "blogs" that were cropping up all over the internet. I'm not sure why I was reading the paper, as I always took a book along to read on my breaks. Maybe I'd finished it or something. Anyway, I decided to try my hand at blogging because I liked the idea of having a way to put my words before the public, as it were. I'd graduated from college the previous May, gotten married in June, and kind of needed a new way to express myself, I think.
2. What is your fashion style?
Comfy. I wear jeans or denim shorts 6 1/2 days a week, and tank tops or t-shirts depending on the weather. Many of the t-shirts are decorated with movie-related things :-D
That other half day? That's Sunday morning, when I dress up to go to church. I love to wear jewel tones and brown, and I'm very drawn to long peasant skirts and simple tops. These are similar to things I wear:
3. What is something none of your followers know about you?
Dude, my mom, my husband, several in-laws, and three of my best friends follow my blog. I'm not sure there's anything that none of them know about me. But here's something you wouldn't know just from reading my blog: I don't like ginger ale. Shocking, I know. Even more shocking is that I've spent 20 minutes thinking about this question.
4. What are some of your blogging goals?
Throw my Tolkien Blog Party of Special Magnificence on my other blog without a hitch. Finish the four unfinished posts that are waiting for me.
5. Where is your favorite place to shop?
Etsy. I try to only spend the money I've made from my own shop there, but when I'm getting gifts for others, I spend more.
6. What would your ideal amount of blog followers be?
Enough that I get a comment or two on most posts. Which I do. I'm not real hung up on numbers of followers -- I don't blog to be popular.
7. What are your talents?
Writing, music, baking, crocheting, learning new crafty things.
8. Are you a leader or a follower?
I would rather not be a leader, but I tend to end up leading a lot of things because I have this drive to get things done, and if no one else is going to get them done, I'll step up.
9. What is one of your favorite quotes?
One? Just one? Okay, fine:
"Beggar that I am, I am even poor in thanks; but I thank you." (Hamlet in Hamlet, Act II, Scene 2)
I say that a lot. In my head, anyway.
10. Do you have a favorite book or series?
Yes, I do. Here's a list of my 40 favorite books. My favorite is Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte, if you don't feel like following the link.
11. Out of all the synonyms for elegant, which would you describe yourself with? (smart -- stylish -- dressy -- graceful -- dainty -- fine)
Um, none of those? I'm smart, as in intelligent, but not as in stylish. I care very little about styles, I don't like dressy clothes, I'm too klutzy to be graceful, I'm too much of a tomboy to be dainty, and um... fine? As in fine china? Not at all me.
12. What is your favorite flower?
Okay, now I'm supposed to nominate 8 bloggers. I'm going to do 9. Because I can. Bwahahahaha! They are:
Play if you want to! Don't if you don't.