Sunday, February 01, 2015

Middle Earth Movies Meme Lineup


Ever since the first time I saw The Hobbit:  The Battle of the Five Armies in December, I have been mentally wandering around in Peter Jackson's movie version of Middle Earth.  I've spent countless hours discussing all sorts of Tolkieny topics with my best friend, DKoren.  And she and I have decided we want to blog extensively about these six movies.  So we've come up with a list of things about the movies we especially want to blog about, and here they are:

Day 01 - Favorite moment/line in The Fellowship of the Ring
Day 02 - Favorite characters from each race
Day 03 - A location you love
Day 04 - Favorite sword
Day 05 - Favorite soundtrack
Day 06 - Favorite moment/line in The Two Towers
Day 07 - Lines you quote most often in real life
Day 08 - Favorite costumes
Day 09 - Scenes/things you laugh at
Day 10 - Lord of the Rings character you relate to the most
Day 11 - Favorite moment/line in The Return of the King
Day 12 - Least-favorite costumes
Day 13 - Favorite battle
Day 14 - Lord of the Rings character you understand the least
Day 15 - Favorite moment/line in An Unexpected Journey
Day 16 - Favorite song sung by a character(s) in the films
Day 17 - Scenes/things you cry at
Day 18 - The Hobbit character you relate to the most
Day 19 - A location you never want to visit
Day 20 - Favorite moment/line in The Desolation of Smaug
Day 21 - Favorite couple
Day 22 - Costume you most want to wear
Day 23 - The Hobbit character you understand the least
Day 24 - Favorite moment/line in The Battle of the Five Armies
Day 25 - Characters you wish you liked more
Day 26 - Favorite one-on-one fight
Day 27 - Favorite end song
Day 28 - Favorite Middle Earth-related item(s) you own

Although there are 28 of these, and we're beginning it February 1st, I will not be posting one response each day for a month.  I'll be posting these as I have time.

Like the title says, this is about the movies, about celebrating them and discussing them in detail.  NOT about comparing the movies to the books, so understand right now that I don't want the comments on these posts to devolve into "The movie is better!  No!  The book is better!" flame wars.  If I have to, I will moderate comments.  I love the movies AND the books.  But I spent nine full months discussing The Lord of the Rings in depth, chapter by chapter during my read-along, and it's time I lavished some love on the movies.

It's been a long time since I've done a really involved meme like this, and I think it's going to be so fun!  Please check out DKoren's blog, Sidewalk Crossings, for all her answers as well.

If you want to join in and do these on your own blog, go right ahead!  Otherwise, I look forward to merrily discussing them with you in the comments here :-)


6 comments:

  1. THANK YOU for this brilliant idea. So doing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doubtful I'll find the time for doing this, but I love that y'all are! I will absolutely look forward to your posts whenever they show up! The Lord of the Rings movies are AWESOME. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, you know, readers are important too! I look forward to all your comments to come :-)

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks, Miss Evelyn! We certainly had fun doing it :-) Feel free to use it yourself if you like!

      Delete

Agree or disagree? That is the question...

Comments on old posts are always welcome! Posts older than 7 days are on moderation to dissuade spambots, so if your comment doesn't show up right away, don't worry -- it will once I approve it.

(Rudeness and vulgar language will not be tolerated.)