Saturday, February 17, 2007

Well, here I am at the end of week seven. The icky taste in my mouth has gotten worse -- sometimes it helps to chew gum or eat a little something, but as soon as that new taste fades, the icky taste comes back. But still no morning sickness. However, I'm starting to get really turned off by most foods. Like, just the thought of eating something makes me go, "Nah, why bother, that doesn't sound tasty at all." The only things that really make me say, "That sounds yummy!" right now are milk and anything involving tomatoes.

But I've been making myself eat anyway, trying to get in as much protein and calcium as I can, and also trying to eat fresh fruits and veggies more. Haven't gained any weight yet, but that ubiquitous little book, What to Expect When You're Expecting, says that normal weight gain for the first trimester really should only be like four or five pounds. And I've got five weeks yet, so maybe I'll just gain some gradually and healthily.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Agree or disagree? That is the question...

Comments on old posts are always welcome! Posts older than 7 days are on moderation to dissuade spambots, so if your comment doesn't show up right away, don't worry -- it will once I approve it.

(Rudeness and vulgar language will not be tolerated.)