Friday, February 09, 2007

I've now listened to both sides of my new Bobby Darin record several times, and I definitely like the spoken-ballad "The Reverend Mr. Black" and the hotly minor "Not for Me" best, with "Walk Right In" running third. Alas, the arrangement of "Rhythm of the Rain" is disappointingly chipper, although there's a nice little brassy trumpet section in the middle.

One of the other songs totally cracks me up, though: "I Will Follow Her." You know the song "I Will Follow Him" by whatever 60's girl group performed it? Well, this is that same song, only with the genders reversed, which just makes it sound like a stalker song. The first time I heard it, I totally cracked up, and it still makes me giggle every time I hear it. Silly Bobby! Of course, it's not nearly as creepy as that ultimate stalker song, "Every Breath You Take" by The Police, but still!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Agree or disagree? That is the question...

Comments on old posts are always welcome! Posts older than 7 days are on moderation to dissuade spambots, so if your comment doesn't show up right away, don't worry -- it will once I approve it.

(Rudeness and vulgar language will not be tolerated.)