Sunday, January 20, 2019

Upcoming Blog Events

Just popping up to let you know about some blog events coming up in the next few months that I'll be participating in and/or hosting!


First up is the Robots in Film blogathon that Quiggy and I are co-hosting in FIVE DAYS.  We've got lots of awesome entries lined up so far, but there's always room for more, so if you want more info or to sign up, go here.  I'll be reviewing I, Robot (2004) for that.


At the end of this month, Phyl and Virginie are co-hosting the 90 Years of Jean Simmons Blogathon!  I'll be reviewing The Big Country (1958) for that event.  You can learn more or sign up right here.


Cordy is hosting another Lovely Blog Party all through the month of February!  It's an event entirely devoted to fictional couples from movies and books.  I'll be contributing a list of my ten favorite couples from western movies.  More info and the sign-up sheet can be found over here.


I host some kind of fandom-related blog week every February the week of Valentine's Day to celebrate our love of... whatever that year's subject is.  This year, it's all about Shakespeare!  This event involves games, a giveaway, a tag to fill out, and plenty of contributed posts, so go here for more info and to sign up.


Finally, the Fifth Annual Favorite TV Show Episode Blogathon is scheduled for March 22-24 this year!  I'll be reviewing "A Shady Deal at Sunny Acres," my favorite episode of Maverick.  The sign-up for this always-fun event is right here.

Just keeping you informed!

15 comments:

  1. Goodness, you are a busy lady!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Charity, um, yes. I usually try to limit myself to one blogging event per month, but yeah... can't just not do any of these!

      Delete
  2. You always have a lot happening! Makes me want to do more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Skye, sometimes I overload myself, heh. But yes, I do like connecting with other bloggers with stuff like this! It's the ultimate social activity for introverts, right? Hanging out with people virtually, from the safety of your quiet living room.

      Delete
  3. Thanks for sharing!! I'll try to enter the Lovely Blog Party. I like doing couples posts. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jessica, yeah! Definitely join that, it'll be loads of fun and right up your alley :-)

      Delete
  4. So, I've never actually read Shakespeare, but it would it be considered cheating if I read Charles and Mary Lamb's, "Tales From Shakespeare." It's the story formatted version that they wrote to introduce children to Shakespeare.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ivy, that's not cheating at all! The Lamb's book is excellent. Shall I put you down for it?

      Delete
    2. Yes! Thank you! I would love to do it! All I really know about Shakespeare is Kenneth Branagh's film Much Ado About Nothing and The Hollow Crown mini-series. All of which are excellent. I love all of them and I can do movie reviews on all of those, especially Henry V from the Hollow Crown; it was so beautiful!

      Delete
    3. Ivy, that sounds great! Should I put you down for all of the Hollow Crown, or just Henry V?

      Delete
    4. Go ahead and put me down for all three. I can’t really do Henry V if I don’t do the other two. I’ll do all three in one master post.

      Delete
    5. Also Much Ado About Nothing movie review!

      Delete
    6. Suh-weet! They are all yours, Ivy M!

      Delete
  5. Hi, heres my post for the Robots in Film blogathon; weegiemidget.wordpress.com/wee-reviews/ex-machina-2015/ from Gill at Realweegiemidget Reviews

    ReplyDelete

Agree or disagree? That is the question...

Comments on old posts are always welcome! Posts older than 7 days are on moderation to dissuade spambots, so if your comment doesn't show up right away, don't worry -- it will once I approve it.

(Rudeness and vulgar language will not be tolerated.)