Having been tagged by the effervescent Millie, I hereby present unto you a list of 10 things you probably don't know about me just from reading my blog. Some of them might surprise even those who know me well in real life, we'll see.
1. I have lived in seven different states so far. I was born in Iowa, moved to Michigan when I was 3, moved to North Carolina when I was 12, went to college in Minnesota and lived there for a year after I graduated at got married, moved to Wisconsin and lived there for four years, moved to Connecticut two and lived there for three years, and moved here to Virginia two years ago.
2. Thanks to all that moving, my three kids were all born in different states. My brother and I were born in different states too, so it's a proud tradition to carry on.
3. I have been to all 48 of the continental states in the USA. Granted, I was only in Washington state long enough for my family to all use the bathroom at a rest stop, but still. I was there.
4. My favorite flavor shots for coffee are amaretto and hazelnut.
5. In college, I participated in an all-girl version of the classic Monty Python skit "Buying a Bed." We performed it for a talent show. I played the husband. Instead of singing the "Hallelujah Chorus" at the end, we sang the school song. We did not win the talent show. (Note -- that link leads to the actual Monty Python skit. Watch at your own risk!)
6. I have never had a haircut. I just get the bottom 4 to 6 inches trimmed off a couple times a year. Once my hair gets down past my waist, I get annoyed and have it trimmed.
7. I had a poem published in Highlights magazine when I was 7.
8. I have never ridden a motorcycle. Sad but true.
9. I loathe flipflops. Cannot stand having things between my toes, you see. The sight of toe socks and toe rings makes me shudder.
10. My favorite kind of pie? Pumpkin! :-9
Okeydokey, that's all the fun and games I have time for! I hereby tag Kara, Gabrielle, Analiese, and Whimsey/Rebecca. Play if you want to, whether or not I've tagged you!