Monday, February 15, 2021

Would You Really? Tag

This is the official tag for Cordy's Lovely Blog Party, which is going on all through the month of February.  Go here for the original :-)

Would you ever go for a walk in the pouring rain to avoid the company of a gentleman caller? 

Oh, definitely.  I'd do that to avoid the company of a lady caller too, or a salesman, or even just teenagers selling magazine subscriptions.

Would you ever, truly, try your hand at matchmaking? 

NEVER.  Too dangerous.  I try hard not to meddle in the emotional lives of others, but to support them instead.

(All photos are mine from my Instagram account.)

Would you be comfortable wearing glass slippers for a night out at a ball? 

I hate shoes, so... I'm guessing, nope.

Would you ever eat an apple given to you, rather forcibly, by a perfect stranger? 

No, because I'd go out walking in the pouring rain to avoid them as soon as they showed up on my doorstep.

Would you ever pretend to be a man's fiancĂ©e who you've never actually met? 

Uh, yeah, so, um, I would like to say no, but if that man was played by, say, Hugh Jackman or Alan Ladd, I really would very possibly be willing to try to pull off a charade like that, so I can't in all honesty say no.

Would you ever dance with a stranger that sang to you in a forest? 

Why not?  I like to dance :-)

Would you ever be the one to propose? 

I asked my husband to ask me out in the first place, so I'm not ruling it out.  I don't really think it matters who pops the question, the man or the woman.  All depends on their individual personalities and the dynamics of that particular relationship.

Would you ever visit the house of a man you refused but is supposedly out of town?

Highly unlikely.  I tend to avoid things and places that remind me of people I don't like.

This was a really fun tag, Cordy!  I had a lot of fun with it :-D  So many original, intriguing questions!

10 comments:

  1. It's hard to imagine any circumstances in which I WOULD eat an apple that a perfect stranger just shoved into my hand ... well, unless they held a gun to my head xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Katie, so, this one time, we were stopped at a stoplight, and there was a Jeep ahead of us in one lane and a convertible in the other, and the people in the Jeep randomly tossed an orange to the people in the convertible, who caught it, and then they both drove off when the light changed. Your reply here reminded me of that, for some reason.

      Delete
  2. I loved reading your answers! SAME on the first one. You would not believe the lengths I'll go to avoid seeing people (nothing bad or immoral. Just slightly insane).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. McKayla, just yesterday I was walking past the front door (which is solid) and saw, through one of the window panels beside it, that someone was getting out of a van and going to drop off a package on our front steps. So I just flattened myself against the door and waited while they rang the doorbell and left the box so I wouldn't have to awkwardly yell thank-you or anything.

      (Then there was the time when my son opened the door to answer a doorbell because he thought it was the mailman delivering a book he'd ordered, but instead it was a guy with a clipboard. My son said, "Oh! You're not a package!" and shut the door in the guy's face.)

      Delete
  3. Yeah, I'm not ever trying matchmaking either.
    Love your answers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Skye! Yeah, matchmaking is much too risky. Feh.

      Delete

Agree or disagree? That is the question...

Comments on old posts are always welcome! Posts older than 7 days are on moderation to dissuade spambots, so if your comment doesn't show up right away, don't worry -- it will once I approve it.

(Rudeness and vulgar language will not be tolerated.)