Tuesday, November 29, 2016

How'd I Do with My Autumn To-Do List 2016?

November is basically over and my Christmas Fever is in full swing, so I am just going to go ahead and say that autumn is over for me, which means it's time to see how I did with the tasks I appointed myself back in September, just two months ago.

~ Re-read Rilla of Ingleside by L. M. Montgomery Check!  My review is here.

~ Read Letters on an Elk Hunt by Elinore Pruitt Stewart Check!  My review is here.

~ Read Song of the Ean by Emily Nordberg Semi-Check.  I am about 150 pages into it, but nowhere near finished.

I agree.

~ Read 3 other books from my TBR shelves Semi-Check.  I read Lady Cop Makes Trouble by Amy Stewart and The Blythes are Quoted by Lucy Maud Montgomery, but I never managed a third.

~ Read 3 books from the library Check!  I read The Enemy by Lee Child, The Affair by Lee Child, and A Portrait of Emily Price by Katherine Reay (instant favorite!!!)

~ Watch Two Years Before the Mast (1946) Check!  It was not as good as I hoped, but better than I expected.

~ Finish season one of Leverage Fail.  In fact, I am forced to admit that I didn't watch a single episode.  Sigh.

I am seriously tempted to jump ahead to season 3 so I can watch this ep.

~ Watch the Ioan Gruffudd version of Great Expectations Fail.  Why do I keep not watching this?  Sigh again.

~ Watch 3 more movies from my TBW shelves Check!  I watched Jack Reacher (2012), The Virginian (1946), and The Martian (2015)(YES, I know I saw The Martian in the theater and so it shouldn't count, but it's been on my TBW shelves for like 6 months waiting for me to find time to watch it with Cowboy.  We finally watched it together last week, so now it's off my TBW shelves and on my regular movie shelves, and so it counts.)

~ Make tomato basil soup. Check!  I tried out this recipe.

~ Try making my own pumpkin spice latte Check! Actually, I experimented with making some pumpkin spice creamers, but same basic thing, right?

This is what it feels like inside my head right now.

~ Finish a rough draft of my western Little Red Riding Hood Fail.  I'm like 10,000 words in and nowhere near finished.  Eep!

~ While I'm at it, find a good title for that story Check!  I call it "Cloaked."  And I made up cover art for it for Nanowrimo, which I feel like sharing even though, should I ever publish it, this will not be the cover, but still, it pleases me:


~ Print, frame, and hang family photos in our foyer Semi-Check.  I got the photos I initially wanted to work with printed and framed, but then decided I needed a few more, so I'm still working on this.

Well, more checks than fails and semi-checks combined, so I guess I did pretty well this fall.  Time to formulate some winter goals!

8 comments:

  1. Kudos to you, Rachel, for getting so much done! You're tempting me to create a seasonal check-list like this, but then the disappointment I would get at the end of the season seeing all those FAILS scares me. I'll just follow your progress instead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's a little tough to take the fails sometimes, but it's so thoroughly satisfying to check stuff off over the course of a season -- I actually print up this list and tape it to a wall, and then as I complete tasks, I check them off, and it's so nice to see the line of checks grow :-) If you want to enjoy that vicariously for me, I'm cool with that!

      Delete
  2. The cover for Cloaked looks really neat!

    BTW I am so sorry about not replying to your comment about NANOWRIMO! I was actually planning on just doing it unoffically, which I didn't end up doing either. :/ November was just for other VERY wonderful things for me this year I guess! ANYWAY I just wanted you to know why I didn't leave a link. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Eowyn! I totally stole that photo from the internet and then messed with it a little to suit my purposes, so I could never use it for reals, but it gives the basic idea.

      I kind of baby-Nanoed. Cowboy gets cranky with me if I full-on Nano because he says I get all laser-focused and easily annoyed, so I just don't do it anymore. Plus, I churn out too much filler when I Nano, and I don't have time for filler.

      What I'm saying is, don't worry about it! Glad your November was full of other VERY wonderful things (so intriguing!).

      Delete
  3. I hope you get to watch more Leverage soon . . . it's my favorite TV show and I love it so much. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jessica, me too. I'm going to introduce my mom to it when she's here for Christmas, and if she likes it, maybe we'll watch like an ep every night or something, and get a ways into season 1. Even though I'll be backtracking a little, I won't mind rewatching the first handful of eps :-)

      Delete
  4. I just wanted to comment because clearly I never saw this, BUT LEVERAGE. <3

    Yes. (Have you watched that episode yet? I like it a lot. :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Olivia, yeah! Leverage! I um... am totally crushing on Christian Kane right now...

      (No, I haven't. Writing a book has consumed my free time. When I kick the book out into the world, I intend to binge on Leverage. Like, watch 2 eps a night until I've finished season one at last.)

      Delete

Agree or disagree? That is the question...

Comments on old posts are always welcome! Posts older than 7 days are on moderation to dissuade spambots, so if your comment doesn't show up right away, don't worry -- it will once I approve it.

(Rudeness and vulgar language will not be tolerated.)