Tuesday, May 12, 2015

MEMM Day 26 - Favorite one-on-one fight

Hmm.  This is actually a really tough question for me, because I'm not sure I have one.  I haven't had one particular one-on-one fight that I look forward to with great delight in any of these movies.  I guess I'll go with Sam vs. Shelob because it's such a heroic moment, and Sam really comes into his own there.


Also, I'm a big fan of killing spiders, or even just wounding and driving them away, so on a personal level, I'm happy Sam dispatches Shelob :-)

8 comments:

  1. Yes! When Sam kills Shelob is an epic moment of heroism.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would definitely go with this one! Cause it's nice and long, and really well choreographed, and Sam's the best, and it's a great scene for him! Do you think Eomer taking down the two Oliphants counts as one on one though? That one's awesome too. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's also got a lot of emotional heft to it, which some other mano-a-mano fights don't necessarily. Not sure I remember Eomer's taking down the oliphants well enough to say whether it's a one-on-one fight or just him taking them down as part of a battle.

      Delete
  3. Yes. Sam vs. Shelob is an awesome fight, and when he first appears with Sting, I will often tear up, it's so perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Sam's fight. It has always been one of my favourite parts in both book and movie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I especially like it because Sam has always insisted he's not a warrior, and to have him rise up, strong and determined, is just so delightful!

      Delete

Agree or disagree? That is the question...

(Rudeness and vulgar language will not be tolerated.)