Inspired by Classy with a Dash of Quirk, I decided to post the five songs I've been listening to over and over this week. They're in a playlist I call "Bounce" in my Windows Media Player (cuz I don't have an mp3 player). [EDIT: I've added little descriptions of each instead of just their title and artist.]
1. The Avengers theme by Alan Silvestri -- full of romping joy, makes me fist-pump and want to go tackle some enormous task.
2. "The Ballad of Cat Ballou" sung by Bobby Darin. It's the theme song from the wacky 1965 western by the same name. Bobby doesn't sing it in the movie, but I love his rendition (of course).
3. "Whiskey in the Jar" performed by Metallica -- possibly my favorite Metallica song, and it's not one they wrote, they just took an Irish ballad and rocked it.
4. "Cracklin' Rosie" by Neil Diamond -- makes me want to kick back and groove for a bit, though I usually end up dancing around the living room with the kids to it instead.
5. The Rare Breed suite by John Williams -- this is part one and 7 minutes long, so use it as background music if you want. It's from one of my favorite westerns, one I grew up with. I've been playing this suite a lot while writing.