Monday, June 05, 2006

So as of today, Wal-Mart no longer sells movies on VHS. At least, the one I work at doesn't--I'm not sure if this is a company-wide thing or not. We do still sell blank ones, I believe. But not prerecorded tapes. And you know that when Wal-Mart stops selling something like that, it's doomed.

The world now belongs to the DVD.

I remember the first VHS tape my family got. It was a taped-off-TV version of The Sound of Music. To this day, I can watch the normal version of that movie and tell you exactly where all the advertisements went, and which parts were cut out to shorten it to TV-acceptable length. We watched that movie all the time. Well, okay, every time one of us got sick or something. It was the only movie we owned, and it cost money to get movies even from the library back in MI, which is where we lived at that time.

I think the first "boughten" video we got was A Fistful of Dollars. I have that memorized too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Agree or disagree? That is the question...

Comments on old posts are always welcome! Posts older than 7 days are on moderation to dissuade spambots, so if your comment doesn't show up right away, don't worry -- it will once I approve it.

(Rudeness and vulgar language will not be tolerated.)