Monday, October 04, 2021

Upcoming Blogathons

Here's your friendly neighborhood Hamlette reminding you of some cool blogathons I'll be participating in over the next couple of months.  Just in case you aren't aware of them and would like to join the fun yourself!

I'm cohosting the Glenn Ford Blogathon with Eva of Coffee, Classics, and Craziness on October 15 to 17.  You can sign up here on my blog or here on Eva's.  I'll be contributing a list of my ten favorite Glenn Ford movies and a review of Imitation General (1958).


Real Weegie Midget Reviews and Cinematic Catharsis are co-hosting the Third Hammer-Amicus Blogathon the next weekend, October 22 to 24.  I'm not exactly a fan of Hammer films, but The Hound of the Baskervilles is my favorite Sherlock Holmes mystery, so I'm reviewing the 1959 version with Peter Cushing as Holmes and Christopher Lee as Sir Henry Baskerville.  I've seen it once before, and I liked it well enough to want to watch it again to review.  Especially because it's fun seeing Lee play a good guy!


And the weekend after that, I'll be contributing a review of Bernard Herrmann's score for Jane Eyre (1943) to the Bernard Herrmann Blogathon hosted by The Classic Movie Muse on October 29-31.  I love the idea of basing a blogathon around a film score composer!


Finally, I'll be reviewing one of my favorite movies, Charade (1963), for the Distraction Blogathon hosted November 12-14 by Taking Up Room.  Which gives me a good excuse for watching it again this fall, even though I've seen it like a dozen times.


Are you participating in any of these?  If so, I'll see you there!  If not, well, you can click any of those links to the host blogs to sign up -- I linked to the blogathon sign-up pages to make it easy for you :-)

6 comments:

  1. I found that Bernard Hermann blogathon through your sidebar, and I was so happy when I did! I'm going to be contributing a post about my top five favorite scores of his--he's composed so many brilliant ones.

    Looking forward to our GF blogathon as well. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice! It's shaping up to be a cool event. (And ours is too :-D)

      Delete
  2. Thank you for featuring my blogathon on this post and on your swell blog :) I can't wait for all these events!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Muse! I'm looking forward to them too :-)

      Delete

Agree or disagree? That is the question...

Comments on old posts are always welcome! Posts older than 7 days are on moderation to dissuade spambots, so if your comment doesn't show up right away, don't worry -- it will once I approve it.

(Rudeness and vulgar language will not be tolerated.)