Friday, September 30, 2016
Small is Beautiful -- Movie Blog Edition
I'm snurching this idea from Kara at Flowers of Quiet Happiness. She recently featured three blogs with fewer than 100 followers, and I thought this was a great idea! I have a lot of blogging friends with not-so-well-known blogs that I wish others would "discover." So I am doing this tag even though I wasn't tagged with it. (In fact, I'm doing it twice! Once here, and once on my book blog.) Here are five movie-related blogs that don't have a ton of followers, but that I am very fond of indeed:
Fiction Predilection -- Lynn M.
I couldn't quite decide if I should put Lynn's blog on this list or on the book-focused list I'm doing on my other blog, because she reviews both books and movies. But I realized that I enjoy her movie reviews the most, so here she is. Lynn usually does two posts for each title -- first, an in-depth description of the movie or book, and then her analysis of it.
How to Watch a Movie -- Sarah
Sarah's not as bossy as she sounds, don't worry! She's not really here to tell you how to watch a movie, she's here to explore the process of enjoying them. Sarah posts a lot of movie reviews, watches more movies in the theater than I do (!), and also recaps new releases for most months. So her focus is a bit more on modern film than classics.
Meanwhile, in Rivendell... -- Olivia
Olivia blogs about movies, TV shows, books, and anything else that strikes her fancy. She's got a very engaging writing style, and mixes a lot of fan-fueled humor and fun into her posts. She's got a good eye for costumes and likes her period dramas, yes indeed. And, obviously, she's a Tolkien fan :-)
Phyllis Loves Classic Movies -- Phyl
Phyl posts insightful, thought-provoking, funny movie reviews. Yes, all those things mixed up in the same review, astonishingly enough. And she posts about cool behind-the-scenes things, star bios, etc. She also participates in so many blogathons that I get goggle-eyed when I see them all lined up in her sidebar.
Silents and Talkies -- Kate Gabrielle
Kate watches a lot of movies I've never seen or even heard of before. She's very into quirky, little-known films, foreign films, lots of nifty stuff that expands my horizons. And she writes up great reports of her adventures at various film festivals! I'm always learning something from her blog.
If you want to do this too, here are the "rules:"
1. Feature 3-5 blogs with fewer than 100 followers.
2. Write 1-3 paragraphs about each blog, including information like what the blog is about, a brief bio of the blogger, and/or why you recommend their blog. Don't forget a link to their blog!
3. Include an image for each blog, whether it's a blog button, profile photo, header, or simply a screenshot of the blog.
4. Thank the blogger who featured you, and include a link to their blog. If you like, you can even include them as one of the blogs that you feature (especially if they joined the tag without having been featured by someone else).
5. Include the tag image somewhere in your post.