Tuesday, October 04, 2016

Upcoming Blogathons You Don't Want to Miss

I always like to keep you informed of what sorts of blog parties and blogathons I'll be joining in the future, and I've got three lined up for the rest of this year!  I suspect some of you might want to join these too, or at least enjoy reading the entries.  You already know about the one I'm hosting, but I'll list it again, just to be complete.


First up will be A Celebration of Classic Hollywood, hosted by Rose at An Old-Fashioned Girl from November 1 to 7.  I'll be reviewing a western I've loved since childhood, Destry Rides Again (1939).  It stars a very young, charming James Stewart, and is one of the funniest westerns I've seen.

There aren't a lot of people signed up for that event yet, and Rose is open to reviews of any film made from 1917 to 1970, so you can take your pick from thousands of wonderful films!


Next up will be the Cary Grant Blogathon hosted by Phyl at Phyllis Loves Classic Movies from November 29 to December 1.  I'll be reviewing Father Goose (1964), which I believe was the first Cary Grant film I ever saw.


And, finally, you probably know already that Quiggy and I are co-hosting the John Wayne Blogathon from December 9 through 11.  I'll be reviewing Without Reservations (1946) for our event -- it's basically a rom-com, and not at all what most people expect from a "John Wayne movie."  I can't wait to share it with you!

Click on any of the links in this post to find out more about these events, see what people are planning to share, and even sign up yourself if you're so inclined!

9 comments:

  1. This is a post I need to see more often. I missed out on several over the past year since I started blogging that i would have happily joined.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Quiggy, yeah, it would be cool if more bloggers did this. It's hard to remember to check people's sidebars, and some people don't have them, etc.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the shout-out!! Without Reservations is a great one and a fun role to watch the Duke in. Can't wait for it to get here!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Phyl! Why am I not surprised that you've seen WR (and so many people haven't, it's a shame) and like it?

      Delete
    2. Hahaha we just have to be related somehow... ;) Hopefully some people will watch it after reading your post :)

      Delete
    3. Hey, I just finished my Slapstick class and was looking at upcoming classes being offered on Canvas and there's a class on Westerns! It's not in conjunction with TCM, but it looks good! Here's the link - https://www.canvas.net/browse/ucn/courses/the-western

      Delete
    4. Phyl, yeah, it's possible we're long-lost cousins or something ;-) And woooooooooo! I think I might have to take that course, huh? Thanks for the link!!!

      Delete
  3. I love DESTRY RIDES AGAIN! I'm not a huge Jimmy Stewart fan (hit me!) but this role is perfect for him IMO and perhaps the one where I've most enjoyed him. Apparently he and Marlene had a thing during the filming of this movie. ;-) I did a short review of it on my blog earlier in the year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jocelyn, I won't hit you, but I might raise my eyebrows and look askance at you. However, glad you share my enthusiasm for Destry Rides Again.

      It seems like Dietrich had a thing going on with just about every person she made a movie with, doesn't it?

      I'll search your archives sometime and find your review!

      Delete

Agree or disagree? That is the question...

Comments on old posts are always welcome! Posts older than 7 days are on moderation to dissuade spambots, so if your comment doesn't show up right away, don't worry -- it will once I approve it.

(Rudeness and vulgar language will not be tolerated.)