1. Thank the blogger who nominated you, linking back to their site.
2. Put the Award logo on your blog.
3. Answer the ten questions sent to you.
4. Make up ten new questions for your nominees to answer.
5. Nominate ten blogs
#1 Do you like county fairs?
Yes, I do.
#2 Were you ever in some sort of club as a kid?
I was in a couple different 4-H clubs, both of them full of other homeschoolers. That's where I met two of my current best friends, when I was 12, though we didn't become close friends for a few years.
I remember watching The Sound of Music with my parents when I was pretty little.
#4 Which would you rather do: hop in your old pickup truck and go for an unexpected adventure, or sit on the back porch with a good novel on a warm summer evening?
I definitely choose the back porch with the novel.
#5 Do you enjoy live concerts?
I do! When I was a kid, my parents belonged to the local "Community Concert Association" and we went to see lots of live concerts, mostly classical music, though I saw the Glenn Miller Orchestra that way. When I went to college, I went to quite a few concerts, mostly small, not-well-known groups. Cowboy took me to a Beach Boy concert when we were dating :-D I also went to two Creed concerts in 2002, the only major rock concerts I ever went to. And we saw Yo-Yo Ma perform with the Boston Pops when my brother and his wife lived in Boston. Live performances have such a great energy to them, and I totally recommend them.
#6 Which do you read more of: historical fiction or contemporary fiction?
It's a toss-up. Does stuff written in the 20th century count as historical or contemporary?
#7 Do you like country music?
Not much, but I do enjoy some of it.
#8 If you could play any role in a musical, who would you chose?
Sister Sarah in Guys and Dolls.
|(Sister Sarah is the one in red here.)|
#9 Do you ever put your feet up on the dashboard when riding in a car?
Not anymore. I tried a few times as a teen, but I was always worried we'd get in a wreck and I'd break both legs.
#10 Can you tell us a funny story of something that happened to you in the last week/month/ever?
Well, Tootie (my 3-year-old) asked me, in all seriousness, what tornadoes taste like. I thought that was pretty funny.
|(Margaret O'Brien as Tootie in Meet Me in St. Louis.|
Our Tootie behaves a great deal like her, hence the nickname)
1. Do you have any nicknames? What are they?
Well... my name isn't actually Hamlette, so that's definitely a nickname. In the Combat! fandom, I'm known as White Queen or WQ. And Cowboy calls me Cutie -- he's the only one who is allowed to, though ;-)
2. What is your current favorite song?
As opposed to my favorite song of all time? I have been whistling the main theme from The Quick and the Dead a lot these days because I just bought the soundtrack and am listening to it while writing.
|(Russell Crowe in TQATD)|
3. Have you ever traveled out of your country?
Yes, I have. I've been to Canada lots of times, and also to Mexico, Poland, and Ukraine.
4. What is your dream job?
Earning enough money with my writing to hire someone to clean my house once in a while.
5. Pen or pencil?
Pen, particularly with blue or purple ink.
6. What is your dream college?
Small, Christian, and arts-oriented. Which describes my alma mater, actually.
7. Do you like burritos?
Yes! I like most Mexican-style food.
8. What is your opinion of Taco Bell?
I have many happy memories of eating at Taco Bell with my friends when we were in high school.
9. Do you have a swimming pool?
We do not own one. However, part of our HOA fees pay for the upkeep of a very nice pool only a block from our house, so we go there a lot in the summer.
10. What is your favorite Little House book (Laura)?
Little House in the Big Woods.
|(This is the edition I grew up with and still own.)|
Now it's my turn! Here are my questions:
1. Do you like westerns?
2. What was your favorite TV show as a child?
3. Are there any salad dressings you dislike?
4. Do you call carbonated beverages "soda" or "pop" or something else?
5. What's the farthest from home you've ever been?
6. Have you ever eaten a peanut-butter-and-onion sandwich?
7. Do you like roller coasters?
8. Do you subscribe to any magazines?
9. Do you wear a wristwatch?
10. When do you generally get up in the morning?
I hereby tag:
Elizabeth Anne D.
Play if you want to!