Thursday, February 07, 2008

"Oh phooey, I burned the darn muffins."

Okay, I didn't really burn muffins, I just felt like quoting The Long Kiss Goodnight. Because how can you not love Samuel L. Jackson? Anyway, what I actually did was make half a batch of No-Bake Chocolate Cookies, and they totally didn't turn out. I don't know why -- I've made them oodles of times before; they were my Grandpa H's favorite cookie, so I grew up with these things. Maybe you can't halve that recipe or something -- I know some recipes you can't. They turned out really dry and refused to stick together much. So I got about a dozen little cookies and a cereal bowl full of what are essentially Chocolate-Coated Sugar Bombs. Which are tasty, but not what I was really hoping for. Oh well. Chocolate is good whatever the form, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Agree or disagree? That is the question...

Comments on old posts are always welcome! Posts older than 7 days are on moderation to dissuade spambots, so if your comment doesn't show up right away, don't worry -- it will once I approve it.

(Rudeness and vulgar language will not be tolerated.)