Thursday, February 28, 2008

I experimented with a batch of brownies yesterday. I stuck 24 caramel-filled Hershey's Kisses pointy-end-down into the pan full of batter before baking. I was hoping they'd create little pools of chocolate covering melty caramel centers. Instead, the brownies rose up around them and made them into these little deformed sinkholes. But they tasted okay, although the caramel sometimes leaked all the way down and globbed onto the pan. Maybe I'll try again, putting the Kisses in right-side up. Cowboy took some to work today anyway, so we'll see if any of his coworkers ate them despite their odd appearance.

5 comments:

  1. Try putting them in the brownies when you first take them out of the oven. I do mini-cupcakes this way and the heat melts them to perfection.

    Hee. And if that works for you, you can whip up a batch for us in June!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did consider putting them in halfway thru the baking. Will have to experiment more. Oh, the torture!

    And you want me to make a cheese ball AND brownies? This is all a plot to get more time to hold Dano, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Curses! Foiled again!! You're on to my nefarious plan to steal time with the little guy!

    Remember, my little one thinks he's too big for Mommy to hug him, or heaven forbid! kiss him when she drops him off at school. Sniff...sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Every woman worth her weight in Hershey bars knows it's all about the chocolate and little else matters.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good point! The brownies were still edible chocolate, and that's what matters.

    But now you've got me trying to figure out how many Hershey's bars make up my weight. Mmm!

    ReplyDelete

Agree or disagree? That is the question...

Comments on old posts are always welcome! Posts older than 7 days are on moderation to dissuade spambots, so if your comment doesn't show up right away, don't worry -- it will once I approve it.

(Rudeness and vulgar language will not be tolerated.)