This meme comes from DKoren:
If you comment on this entry, I'll give you a letter so you can come up with ten words starting with that letter, plus explanations of what each word means to you.
DKoren gave me the letter "L", so here goes:
1. Lynne--My middle name. Also the middle name of my childhood best friend, spelled the same way.
2. Luc d'Yae--The middle child in the d'Yae family. Poor Luc (which is short for Lucien, btw) doesn't get to show up in either of my Combat! fanfic stories that feature the d'Yaes. Why? Because he died a couple weeks before "Hide and Seek" takes place. Poor Luc. He was the tall one too, the one who raised horses and helped his older brother Marc in their Resistance efforts against the Nazi invaders. He wasn't quite as good at deception as Marc, and got himself shot by the Nazis, in the living room in front of Marc and their younger brother Jean. I'm quite fond of Luc, even though I haven't gotten to write a single line of dialog for him. He's present in the stories anyway. Sorta.
3. Lutheran--I was born one, raised one, and I'm able to prove it. Jello, anyone?
4. Linkville--Tiny little hamlet in the Thumb area of Michigan where I lived between the ages of 3 and 12.
5. Luger--I got to fire an actual WWI Luger (which is a German pistol) a few years ago. It had a lot more recoil than I'd expected.
6. Lindbergh, Charles Augustus--One of my childhood heroes. I can still remember sitting on the floor in the living room as Mom read his books aloud to us. I'm still fond of him, and I love the movie about him, The Spirit of St. Louis, that stars Jimmy Stewart :-) I also really like the writings of his wife, Anne Morrow Lindbergh, especially Bring Me a Unicorn.
7. Lucas--A black Lab/mutt we had when we lived in Michigan. He got hit by a car and had to have his right front leg amputated, but that barely slowed him down. Very sweet puppy.
8. Ludlum, Robert--A new favorite author of mine. I read his Jason Bourne trilogy last year and liked them so well I've acquired about ten more of his books at various yard sales and thrift stores, and am gradually working my way through them.
9. Lupins--As in "I'm sick to bloody death of lupins!" from Monty Python's Flying Circus. Everyone sing along with me: "Dennis Moore, Dennis Moore,He steals from the poor and gives to the rich...." Probably my favorite of their longer skits (although I think I'll always like "The Spanish Inquisition" best of all their stuff. Well, except for a couple of their movies). "Blimey, this redistribution of wealth is trickier than I thought!"
10. Lanyn--The name by which I first knew DKoren, because it's the one she uses on her LiveJournal blog. My wonderful writing mentor :-)