Monday, January 03, 2005

I'm not terribly sorry to watch 2004 make its exit. It hasn't been a great year. In fact, in many ways, it's been a crap year. Really horrid things happened to me. My Grandma H. died. My dog Westley died. My second-favorite tv show, Angel, got cancelled. My favorite band, Creed, broke up. Cowboy didn't get into the Foreign Service.

But lots of good stuff happened in 2004 too. Banana and the Rescue Ranger got married. My parents celebrated their 30th wedding anniversary. I got a story accepted for publication in a magazine. We got Banana to watch the first Lord of the Rings movie and she liked it enough to want to see the following two! We got to watch all three LotR movies, the extended editions, back to back to back for the first time! I got addicted to the Harry Potter books. I found The Man from Snowy River on dvd for like $5! I posted lots of fanfic and got reinterested in my blog. I got the Chameleon to love Combat! And oh yeah...Combat! started getting released on dvd!!!

So it wasn't an entirely crap year after all. Just had more than the usual amount of sadness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Agree or disagree? That is the question...

Comments on old posts are always welcome! Posts older than 7 days are on moderation to dissuade spambots, so if your comment doesn't show up right away, don't worry -- it will once I approve it.

(Rudeness and vulgar language will not be tolerated.)