Wednesday, November 30, 2022

Sweeping Away My Autumn To-Do List 2022

Today is the end of November, and tomorrow will officially feel like winter in my mind, even if it won't be very wintery outside where we live for another 6 to 8 weeks.  That means I'm ready to see how I did with the items on my Autumn To-Do List for the year.  Here we go!

(All photos are my own, mostly from my Instagram account)

~ Publish My Rock and My Refuge -- Check!  My retelling of "Beauty and the Beast" is out in the world, and you can buy it from Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Books-a-Million, Book Depository... or directly from me!

~ Finish my third Classics Club List -- Check!  You can see it right here.  I read fifty classic books for it in just over two years :-o

~ Start a new Classics Club List and read 2 books for it -- Check! My new list is right here, and I've read six books for it already!  They were:

~ Read 12 books off my TBR shelves -- Check!  I read thirteen:

~ Watch 3 movies off my TBW shelves -- Check!  I watched six:
  • Marlowe (1969)
  • Nightmare Alley (1947)
  • Gold of the Seven Saints (1961)
  • Kidnapped (1971)
  • Dead Man's Folly (1986)
  • The Mirror Crack'd (1980)

~ See Marlowe in the theater -- Fail, but only because its release has been pushed away to February.  Not my fault at all.  I WILL see it, if it's playing anywhere within an hour's drive.

~ See See How They Run in the theater -- Fail.  I blame publishing a book for eating up all my free time for most of this autumn.  I hope to get it from the library.

~ Watch Andor on Disney+ -- Semi-fail.  We only have 4 episodes left to watch, and I'm hoping to burn through them with Cowboy over the next couple weekends.  I am really, really digging the show, but he's kind of meh about it, so that's part of why we haven't finished it yet.

~ Host an Oktoberfest gathering -- Check!  We had some lovely friends over to enjoy good German food and lots of conversation and fun.


~ Go to Colonial Williamsburg for the brick firing -- Check!  We rented a beautiful 1700s house with my brother's family and stayed there with them and my mom for four nights, visiting Colonial Williamsburg and the Yorktown Battlefield, riding the ferry across the James River over and over, and generally having a jolly, yet restful time.

~ Make pumpkin cream cheese muffins -- Check!  I made them twice, in fact.

~ Host my TENTH annual Tolkien Blog Party! -- Check!  We had a wonderful time celebrating J. R. R. Tolkien and his wonderful writing.  Can't wait to do it again next year!


Onward and upward! Wintertime, here I come :-)

4 comments:

  1. *showers you with confetti over your successful book launch* You did it!!!

    I watched the first three episodes of Andor, but I didn't enjoy it very much, and haven't picked it up again. I don't really like their characterization of Cassian, but also, I think it's a little too dark and slow for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Katie! This launch has been such a blessing -- I have already earned back what I spent on cover art, editing, and book launch goodies. Which is astonishing, as that usually takes me 4 to 6 months.

      I don't see Andor being your thing. It's got a lot of politics to it, and the soulless bureaucratic machinations of the Empire are getting really creepy in a bland and Stepford-ish way. Very unique in the Star Wars universe in many ways!

      Delete
    2. "Bland and Stepford-ish"--yes! You summed it up really well! Now that I think about it, it does have something of a psychological horror vibe.

      I definitely think it's cool that Star Wars is taking a risk and doing something so different, but you're right, the creepiness is not my thing.

      Delete
    3. Katie, a little bit of psychological thriller mixed with a lot of dystopian and a good bit of film noir here and there. It's an interesting blend.

      Delete

Agree or disagree? That is the question...

Comments on old posts are always welcome! Posts older than 7 days are on moderation to dissuade spambots, so if your comment doesn't show up right away, don't worry -- it will once I approve it.

(Rudeness and vulgar language will not be tolerated.)