Monday, October 10, 2022

A Liebster Award

Eva did not tag me with the Liebster Award on her blog, Caffeinated Fangirl.  She didn't tag anyone, she just invited people to participate if they wanted to.  I haven't done one of these for a long time, and I really like her questions, so... thank you for the non-tag, Eva!  And, here we go!


Rules
  • Thank the blogger who gave you the award. 
  • List eleven random facts about yourself. 
  • Answer the eleven questions given to you. 
  • Tag eleven other bloggers. 
  • Ask them eleven questions.
  • Notify your nominees once you have uploaded your post.

Eleven Random Facts About Me:
  1. I've ridden an elephant and a camel.

  2. I own 182 candles.

  3. My favorite fruit is pears.  Or apricots.  Unless I can get a fresh-off-the-tree peach.

  4. I was in 4-H for 7 years.

  5. I love peppermint mochas and will drink them any time of year.

  6. I write a monthly column on Old West history for the newspaper the Prairie Times.

  7. Orange is my least-favorite color.

  8. I prefer Coca-cola to alcohol of any sort.

  9. I've broken my right forearm twice, thirty years apart, both times while roller skating.

  10. Brownies are my favorite dessert, over any pie or cake or other confection.

  11. I like to reread The Blue Castle by L. M. Montgomery every New Year's Day.

Eva's Questions:

Describe your favorite notebook. 

I just bought a new notebook at Walmart the other day that has Saguaro cacti, a peachy-gold-pink sunset, and the words "Give yourself space to dream" in shiny gold letters.  It's my new favorite :-)

Last five star read? 

Song of the Valley by Britt Howard.  Modern day cowboys, you say?  Yes, please!  You can read my review here.


Last one star read? 

Summer by Edith Wharton.  I almost never give one-star ratings because if I'm disliking a book that much, I tend to just not finish it.  And I almost never review books I DNF (Did Not Finish).  But man, that one, I just kept hoping it was going to have a really good twist right at the end and have things work out in a good way... but nope, didn't happen, and I was really disappointed.

Instrumental or vocal movie soundtracks? 

Both!  I love both.  And I love movie soundtracks so much, I review them :-)  Here's the list of the ones I've got posted here so far.

Movie musicals or Broadway musicals? 

Well, the only thing I've ever seen on Broadway was Hamlet, and it wasn't a musical, but I've seen lots and lots of movie musicals, so I'll go with movie musicals.

Favorite animated movie? 

Robin Hood (1973).  Everything about it is absolutely perfect.  I was super disappointed that the only Robin Hood merch we found at Disney World back in March wasn't even at Disney World, it was at the big souvenir shop in Disney Springs.  And it was just one small enamel pin.  I was vexed.  And saddened.  Because a movie that wonderful deserves ALL the merch!  I did pick up a cute mug from the BoxLunch store at our mall this weekend, though.


Top three favorite fictional characters of all time? 
  1. Sergeant Saunders from Combat! (1962-67)
  2. Sherlock Holmes from the canon by A. Conan Doyle
  3. Wolverine from the X-Men comics and movies

What’s your go-to snack? 

A spoonful of peanut butter with a handful of chocolate chips.

What’s your favorite thing about where you live? (House, state, country…) 

Well, Tir Asleen is the first house we've ever owned, and I love it because it is all ours.  And it is beautiful.  It has a wood-burning fireplace, a library, plenty of space for guests, and almost a third of an acre (which is a huge lot around here) with nearly 20 trees.  I love it.

Top three favorite scents? 

Amber, cinnamon, and lavender.  Maybe not all in one candle, though -- that would be weird.

Do you own any LEGOs?

Personally?  Yes, maybe ten sets.  Most are from my childhood, but some are sets I've bought in the last few years.  Our family, though... owns hundreds of thousands of Legos.  And I am not exaggerating.

The library is also known as the Lego Room...


I am going to be rebellious and not tag anyone, since I wasn't tagged for this myself.  If you want to answer Eva's questions, go right ahead!  Just be sure to credit her post, not this one.

10 comments:

  1. An elephant and a camel? Whoa! When did that happen??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Katie, actually, I've read both camels and elephants more than once! As a kid, I got to ride a camel at a circus in Iowa and an elephant at a circus in Michigan. More recently, I rode a camel at the Creation Museum in Kentucky about 4 years ago, and an elephant at the Circus World Museum in Wisconsin about 3 years ago.

      Delete
  2. Hee! I love reading these answers. Those are good questions. No surprises here, and I do love the pic of your boat ton of legos! And it is criminal how little Robin Hood merch Disneyland has. And criminal that those characters don't usually get to be out walking in the park either. Meeting Prince John when I was a kid was the coolest thing ever. I've always wanted to do that again, but it was not to be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DKoren, weren't they fun questions? I mean, with the Lego question in there, how could I resist answering?

      The weird thing is, almost everyone I know who watches animated movies thinks Robin Hood is wonderful. It has a LOT of fans. So it's dumb that Disney doesn't capitalize on that more.

      There ARE some really cute Robin Hood backpack purses around lately -- but they cost like $60 and I just... don't use a purse enough to justify that, really. Though if I'd found one at Disneyworld, I would have bought it!!!

      Delete
  3. Peppermint mochas are amazing at any time, I agree with you on the coke thing as well. It's so cool that you rode a camel and a elephant.
    Disney not having merch for Robin Hood is a disgrace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Skye, peppermint mochas really are just delightful. Even when they're just peppermint mocha creamer in my coffee :-9

      Silly Disney -- they could sell a lot of Robin Hood merch, I think!

      Delete
  4. 182 candles?? o.O

    I was at the West Edmonton Mall the other day, and I saw a woman walking around with a gorgeous Robin Hood backpack. Made me so happy to see some RH merch out in the wild! I think Tangled is my favorite animated movie, but Robin Hood would definitely be a very close second.

    This was such a fun read! Thanks for answering my questions. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eva, um, yes. And I think Olivia has smelled every single one! :-D

      I have seen some reaalllly gorgeous Robin Hood backpacks around... but they're like $60 to $80 and I can't justify that in my mind, lol.

      Thanks for asking such fun questions!

      Delete
  5. Hello there, hows things... would you like to join this? https://weegiemidget.wordpress.com/2022/10/15/christopher-plummer-blogathon/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the invite, Gill! I just commented with my idea for an entry :-)

      Things here are busy-busy-busy as I scurry to put the finishing touches on my fourth book before it's release day Nov. 8! But it's a good kind of busy :-D Hope you are well!

      Delete

Agree or disagree? That is the question...

Comments on old posts are always welcome! Posts older than 7 days are on moderation to dissuade spambots, so if your comment doesn't show up right away, don't worry -- it will once I approve it.

(Rudeness and vulgar language will not be tolerated.)