Sunday, May 31, 2020

The End of My Spring 2020 To-Do List

What a different world we're in now from the one in the beginning of March when I made my list of things I'd like to do this spring.  Still, life goes on.  So let's take a look at the things I did -- and didn't -- accomplish over the past three months, shall we?

Book and movie titles are linked to my reviews, where applicable, as per usual.  All photographs in this post are my own, many of which are from my Instagram account.


~ Finish revising One Bad Apple and be close to publishing it  Check!  I am in the editing stage now, polishing the manuscript and preparing to format it.  I expect to release this book on July 28.  I'll be giving away some advance copies and setting up a virtual book tour starting in June, so keep an eye out for those announcements.

~ Read 3 titles for my Classics Club list  Check!  I read:


I only have three books to go to complete my second list of fifty classics!


~ Read 9 books off my TBR shelves  Check!  I read fourteen :-o  I was already concentrating on reading more books I already owned before the whole COVID-19 self-seclusion thing, but having the library closed meant that I couldn't be too distracted from this goal!  I read:


~ Read 2 books from the library  Check!  Even though the library has been closed since mid-March, I had gotten several books out just before it closed, so I managed to read Together at the Table by Hillary Manton Lodge and Be Free or Die: The Amazing Story of Robert Smalls' Escape from Slavery to Union Hero by Cate Lineberry .


~ Watch 5 movies off my TBW shelves  Check!  I watched The Canterville Ghost (1944), My Man Godfrey (1936), Arizona (1940), No Name on the Bullet (1959), The Hound of the Baskervilles (1959), and Backlash (1956).

~ Go see Call of the Wild  Fail.  Because the theaters closed :-(

~ Go see the new Emma  Check!  I managed to see this with my mom one of the last weekends the movie theaters were open!  Here are my thoughts on it.

~ Go see Black Widow  Fail.  Because the theaters closed :-(

~ Go see The Green Knight  Fail.  Because the theaters closed :-(


~ Try my hand at making a "book nook" bookshelf insert  Check!  I wrote a whole post about how it turned out.

~ Finish the blanket I'm crocheting for my 8-yr-old's bed  Fail.  It's about half done.  Pretty sure I'll finish it before she needs it this fall.

~ Re-pot one of our blueberry bushes before its current container falls completely apart Check!

~ Repaint the main floor bathroom  Fail.  And now it's pretty humid again, so this may have to wait until this fall, we'll see.


How about you?  Were you able to finish a project, meet a goal, or accomplish a task you set for yourself, despite our current limitations?  I hope so!

11 comments:

  1. I'm glad that you got so much reading done! It's weird, I'm still reading the same book that I was before this started, though I have finished a few others. I expected to have more time, but I've been working in my yard a lot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, MC! Some books go that way. I'm going to be taking all of June to read Hunchback of Notre Dame because I'm reading it with a group on Instagram.

      The weather has been so charming here in May! But I haven't had much to do with my flowers, aside from weeding. And watering once in a while. I'll have more to do when they start flowering more, I expect.

      Delete
  2. Impressive reading! Mine has been sluggish/nonexistent.

    My Man Godfrey is an absolute scream, I think I watched it for the first time last year, and I think I've watched it maybe twice (I think I might have turned around and watched it right after the first time). I loved William Powell and Myrna Loy in the Thin Man mysteries, and he is hilarious with Carol Lombard as well.

    I've seen your book nook progress on Instagram but I feel like I may have missed your post, I'll have to go check it out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Livia! Books and movies are my happy places, so in difficult times, I use them for emotional support.

      I actually didn't care for Godfrey much, I'm afraid. I just have a hard time with screwball comedies. William Powell was wonderful, but I kept wishing he'd get together with that awesome maid and ditch Carole Lombard and her histrionics. He deserved better. (I ADORE the Thin Man movies, though. So smart and sassy.)

      Delete
  3. You got so much done! Especially in the reading department, I need to work on that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Skye, I did! Helps that I was stuck at home with a lot of stuff cancelled, heh.

      I read a lot some months. Others, I just don't.

      Delete
  4. Congrats on getting so much done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Proud of you for making so much reading & writing progress! <3

    I really really wanted to see the Black Widow movie *cries*

    ReplyDelete

Agree or disagree? That is the question...

Comments on old posts are always welcome! Posts older than 7 days are on moderation to dissuade spambots, so if your comment doesn't show up right away, don't worry -- it will once I approve it.

(Rudeness and vulgar language will not be tolerated.)