Monday, July 16, 2018

#WIPjoy in July -- Food Week

Week two of the July #WIPjoy challenge is over!  So it's time for my second recap of what I posted on my Facebook author page in response to some of the prompts.  Like last week, I only managed to do some of the days -- I'm just too busy this month to be on Facebook every single day, and some of the prompts just didn't work for my book or its characters.  

Anyway, week two focused on food, which was a lot of fun because... my book obviously involves food in some important ways, as the title Dancing and Doughnuts probably hints.

Day 9:  Main character's favorite food

My main character is a drifting Civil War veteran named Jedediah Jones who's looking for work.


Day 10: A food your main character can't eat -- and why

This was such a fun prompt!  This actually gets mentioned throughout my book.


Day 11:  A line about food

This was hard to choose because I describe doughnuts in several different places.  But this is one of my favorites.


Day 14: What would your main character feed to unexpected dinner guests?

This one was tougher!  Jedediah Jones doesn't have a home, so he couldn't really whip up a meal for them.  But I figured out an answer anyway :-)


That's it for this week's recap!  Tune in next week to see more -- it's "character takeover week" this time, so a lot of the answers will be from the perspective of different characters!

Again, if you're participating in #WIPjoy this month too, leave me a link so I can check out your prompt answers!

6 comments:

  1. He sounds like a character with a healthy appreciation for food--those are always fun! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jessica, I would say he's hungry in more ways than one :-)

      Delete
  2. Ahh, this sounds so fun! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Olivia! "Fun" is definitely the vibe I'm going for with this one!

      Delete

Agree or disagree? That is the question...

Comments on old posts are always welcome! Posts older than 7 days are on moderation to dissuade spambots, so if your comment doesn't show up right away, don't worry -- it will once I approve it.

(Rudeness and vulgar language will not be tolerated.)