Wednesday, February 08, 2017
Sunshine Blogger Award
Miss March has tagged me with the Sunshine Blogger Award! Thank you, Miss March :-) We could use some extra sunshine during February around here, that's for sure. Here are my answers to Miss March's questions:
1. What was the last book you read? I just finished A Flame Shall Spring from the Embers by Heidi Pekarek -- review coming soon!
2. On a typical evening at home, what are you most often found doing -- reading a book, watching a movie, playing games with your siblings, twiddling your thumbs...what? Playing catch-up on email and blogging stuff while Cowboy plays with our kids for a bit. After they're in bed, I'll either be writing, watching a movie (often with my best friend, thanks to the internet), or spending time with Cowboy.
3. You have the choice of being an only child or having twenty siblings. Which do you choose? Can I still be the oldest? Then I'll take 20 siblings. Who doesn't need more minions?
4. Do you prefer bike riding or walking? Walking.
5. If you had to create your own family made up of characters from literature (or film) who would you choose to have as your father? As your mother? Choose a brother and a sister, too, just for the fun of it. :) First, this is one of the absolute coolest questions I've ever gotten.
Honestly, I would love to have Jim and Katie Coates (Fess Parker and Dorothy McGuire) from Old Yeller (1957) as my parents. They're kind and honest and caring. She doesn't freak out about toads and lizards, and he's sensible and reassuring.
I'm sorely tempted to start writing stories about these two now. They're just about as awesome as possible.
Anyway, for siblings, hmm. How about Sam Gamgee (Sean Astin) from The Lord of the Rings and Catherine Morland (Felicity Jones) from Northanger Abbey (2007)? It would be a peaceful, enjoyable, cheerful family!
6. Did you ever receive money under your pillow after losing a tooth? Yup.
7. What's your favorite color? Purple. The deeper, the better.
8. Would you rather wash dishes or iron clothes? Either one, really. I don't hate either task, but neither do I love either of them. If I had to choose, I'd say ironing because it's something I do a lot less often, so it would be a pleasant change.
9. What is your opinion on zoos? Interesting or boring? I am pro-zoo! Pro good zoo, anyway. A couple years ago, Cowboy and I took our kids to the zoo on my birthday, and when my m-i-l found out that's where we went, she was like, "Oh, what a good mom you are, going someplace just because your kids will enjoy it." I was all, "WHAT?!? I love zoos! How is that not a fun place to go on your birthday?" So yeah, I enjoy a good zoo.
10. Growing up, did you have a favorite doll? What was her name? I did. We weren't well-off enough for me to get a real Samantha doll from the Pleasant Company (now called American Girl), but my parents got me a different doll, about ten inches tall, who had long brown hair similar to the Samantha doll's. I named her Samantha and learned to make doll clothes just so I could make her a bunch of clothes similar to the "real" Samantha's clothes.
And now I hereby tag:
Abby P. at Lavender Spring
Hayden at A Singular and Whimsical Problem
Kara at Flowers of Quiet Happiness
Meredith at On Stories and Words
Lois J. at You, Me, and a Cup of Tea
Your Questions, Should You Choose to Accept Them:
1. What's the oldest TV show you've ever watched?
2. What's the newest TV show you've watched?
3. What's the oldest fiction book you've ever read?
4. What's the newest fiction book you've read?
5. What's the oldest movie you've ever watched?
6. What's the newest movie you've watched?
7. What was the first blog you remember following?
8. What's the blog you've started following the most recently?
9. What song did you really love when you were 10 years old?
10. What song do you really love right now?
Play if you want to!