Saturday, December 03, 2016

My Winter To-Do List 2016

Here are the things I want to do this winter, so before the end of February, I guess.

~ Finish reading Song of the Ean by Emily Nordberg

~ Read Letters from Father Christmas by J. R. R. Tolkien


~ Reread A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens

~ Read three more books from my TBR shelves

~ Read three books from the library

~ Start blogging about my favorite adult coloring books

(Source)

~ Figure out what book challenge I'm setting myself for 2017

~ Start blogging about how 2017 is the 500th anniversary of the start of the Protestant Reformation


~ Finish sewing my black-and-white skirt in time to wear it for Christmas

~ Knit myself a scarf like Newt Scamander's

I get sorted into Hufflepuff most of the time myself.

~ Finish the baby blanket I'm making for my best friend from college

~ Finish a rough draft of my western Little Red Riding Hood retelling, "Cloaked"

~ Watch two Christmas movies

~ Watch 3 movies from my TBW shelves

~ Print, frame, and hang family photos in our foyer finally

~ Make "Porter Cake" from An Unexpected Cookbook by Chris-Rachael Oseland


There, I think that's a nice mix of goals for all the creative aspects of my life, don't you?

12 comments:

  1. It's cool that you're a Hufflepuff :-) I'm a Ravenclaw . . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jessica, I think my son is a Ravenclaw. One of my daughters is also a Hufflepuff, and my other daughter is a Slytherin. My husband is also a Slytherin, but oh well.

      Delete
  2. It's funny to me that hanging family pictures in your foyer has been one of those evasive jobs, because it's the same right now in our family. The pictures we took in fall are still waiting on the computer to be printed. :D

    Yay! It's so cool that I get to be alive for the 500th Reformation Anniversary. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meredith, that IS funny! I've been waiting for two years to hang some of these. Sigh.

      I know, it's pretty cool that we get to celebrate this anniversary!

      Delete
  3. I figured you were probably planning to read that Tolkien book! I thought of both you and Jamie when I first saw something about it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What's Porter cake? Does it have "porter" in it? Makes me wonder what an oatmeal stout cake might be like...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Quiggy, yes! It has dark beer, aka porter or stout -- I used Guinness. It doesn't really taste "beery" (and of course, the alcohol burns off while baking), but it's moist and flavorful and so yummy. It's basically what fruit cake *ought* to be like -- full of plump raisins and so on. I'm probably going to make another batch yet this winter, because it was a big hit.

      Delete
  5. I LOVE Letters From Father Christmas!!! Those illustrations!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Phyl, I know, right? :-o I can only imagine how long he labored over those beautiful pictures -- what a wonderful dad he was. I'm about 2/3 through it, and have just been reading one or two letters a day and savoring them because they're so delightful.

      Delete

Agree or disagree? That is the question...

Comments on old posts are always welcome! Posts older than 7 days are on moderation to dissuade spambots, so if your comment doesn't show up right away, don't worry -- it will once I approve it.

(Rudeness and vulgar language will not be tolerated.)