I have now been truly stung by an insect. For real. By a hornet. On the left index finger. In the deodorant aisle.
It was not pleasant. I was up on a ladder putting overstock on our deodorant riser when I felt something land on the back of my head. There have been those Japanese ladybugs all over lately, so I figured it was one of those, and reached back to brush it off. And got a very nasty surprise. I was so startled by the realization that I had actually, at the age of 26, been stung by an insect, that I just stood there on the ladder going "Ow!" while the perpetrator flew off.
My finger turned red and swelled up a little, but about an hour later it was pretty much back to normal. And J from Housewares ran over the evil hornet with a pallet jack a while later and then called me over to identify the body. So it got its just desserts in the end.