Monday, October 31, 2005

Only a few more hours of freedom! And I'll be spending two of them at work...then the NaNoWriMo madness begins...except I probably won't actually start writing until I get home.

I have 43 characters. Most of them have names. Some of them are dead; they'll just be around in memories. I hadn't counted them before this...43 is kinda a big scary number! Only four are main characters though, the rest are just extended family, friends, etc. But I can think of several more that I haven't even put on the cast list yet. Yikes! Of course, this thing takes place over about 11 years, so I guess that's not so crazed.

Anyway, I'll try to post here every few days, to keep y'all abreast of how the novel is going...or isn't, depending on the situation ;-)

As my altar-ego Abby Sciuto said in the NCIS episode "Silver War", "Some people drown their sorrows in drugs and alcohol. I prefer caffeine."

1 comment:

  1. 43, huh? Yikes... But, hey, at least you said most of them have names. That's way better than me. I've got exactly eight characters I know about. That's it. The rest are just going to have to introduce themselves when I run into them in the story. I did manage to compile a potential name list with about fifty names on it for starters. Hopefully that'll keep me going.

    So, what did I do with my time tonight? Work on outline? Work on characters? Um...no, I went and turned Ashton's "I broke..." scene into story-form. Sigh. Can't get away from C! no matter what I do right now. At least it brought DA back to my mind, and I'm going to need him around come tomorrow when the madness begins for real. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Agree or disagree? That is the question...

Comments on old posts are always welcome! Posts older than 7 days are on moderation to dissuade spambots, so if your comment doesn't show up right away, don't worry -- it will once I approve it.

(Rudeness and vulgar language will not be tolerated.)