Tuesday, October 25, 2005

NaNoWriMo begins in one week! Gaaaaaaaaaaah!

Actually, I think I'll be okay. Stressed out and drained and very grrrrrr for a month, but okay. I've already got a good handle on the four main characters, I know where the story starts and where it ends, and a few interesting things that happen in the middle. And I've already written something longer than this, so I know I can come up with enough stuff to hit 50,000 words. I mean, I've got more ideas for this one than I had when I started my first novel. More scenes worked out in my head, more characters named and gelling, and definitely a better rapport with the narrating character.

If you're wondering why I've been so silent this past week, it's because my brother and his girlfriend were here Wed-Sun on their midterm break from college. It's the first time I met his girlfriend, and I really like her a lot. He seems to have chosen wisely :-)

I should really come up with nicknames for them, so I don't have to keep saying "my brother" and "my brother's girlfriend"...how about "Johnnycake" and "Dimples"?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Agree or disagree? That is the question...

Comments on old posts are always welcome! Posts older than 7 days are on moderation to dissuade spambots, so if your comment doesn't show up right away, don't worry -- it will once I approve it.

(Rudeness and vulgar language will not be tolerated.)