Sunday, August 21, 2005

A List of Things That Irritated Me Today
(Brought to you by PMS)

  • People who hum during the opening run-thru of a hymn during church...it's so distracting...
  • People who sing or hum while they're peeing...it's just wrong...
  • Bad Country remakes of good non-Country songs...especially if I'm forced to listen to them on the radio at work...
  • People who confuse 'infer' with 'imply'...especially in written, published works...
  • People who ask me what book I'm reading, then ask "Is it any good"?...no, you moron, I'm reading it cuz it sucks...
Where, oh where, is my Mallet O' Understanding?

4 comments:

  1. Everybody hums the last note of the run-through, right? So you can come in on the right note. The worse your pitch is, the more notes you need to practice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, I don't hum the last note so I can come in on the right pitch. Does this mean I'm the weird one? Again?!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. No one else is chiming in to say what's normal, but I think it's normal for choirs to take their pitch off a harmonica or something -- I think they hum.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, but this isn't choir, this is random people sitting in pews and humming along with the hymn. Anyway, I don't usually hum the last note, even in choir, as long as I've practiced the song before and/or have the note in my head. Guess I'm weird.

    But yes, choirs usually get their pitch from something, like a piano playing their accompaniment, or a pitchpipe if they're singing acapella.

    ReplyDelete

Agree or disagree? That is the question...

(Rudeness and vulgar language will not be tolerated.)