Monday, August 14, 2023

Surprise!

What I'm about to announce in this post was a surprise to me, so I know it will be for you too!

My latest book, My Rock and My Refuge, has been selected as a 2023 Finalist in the WILLA Literary Awards Young Adult Fiction and Nonfiction category!


God is so good!  I have dreamed of someday winning this award for pretty much the entire ten years I have been writing western novels.  To even be a finalist (which is like a runner-up) is such an honor. I thank God for blessing my writing efforts and helping me become a better storyteller with every book and story I write. To God be the glory! 

The WILLA is awarded by the Women Writing the West organization to outstanding writing focused on women and girls in the North American West. If you would like to see the list of all of this year's winners and finalists, you can find that right here on the Women Writing the West website. My Rock and My Refuge has some amazing company on that list! 

If you haven't read this book of mine yet, and you're curious what other people think about it, you can check out its reviews on Goodreads.  You can also order a copy from Northwestern Publishing HouseAmazon, or Barnes and Noble.

12 comments:

  1. See? Told you that you're a star. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting! Congratulations Rachel!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome! I'm really proud of you :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woo! Congratulations! I love that book so much, it's great to see it recognized!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, DKoren! It makes me really happy too :-)

      Delete
  5. Congratulations, Rachel, on this tremendous honor and achievement!❤️

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! What exciting news and such a great accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Carissa! :-D It is an honor, for sure.

      Delete

Agree or disagree? That is the question...

Comments on old posts are always welcome! Posts older than 7 days are on moderation to dissuade spambots, so if your comment doesn't show up right away, don't worry -- it will once I approve it.

(Rudeness and vulgar language will not be tolerated.)