Thursday, March 03, 2022

The End of My Winter 2021/22 To-Do List

It was sunny and 56° here today.  While it's always possible we could get another snowstorm or two before the end of March, winter is clearly on the wane.  So, I am ending my Winter 2021/22 To-Do List!  Let's see how I did...

(Book and movie titles linked to my reviews when applicable.)

~ Finish the major revisions of my Beauty and the Beast retelling Fail.  I am probably about half done?  Definitely making forward progress!

~ Find that book a title Check!  It's officially named My Rock and My Refuge, and I love it.

~ Start a "street team" for my book series Fail.  But I am getting close to making this a reality!  Just taking me longer than I expected to get all my ducks in a row before I can announce it.

~ Read 3 Christmas books Check! In fact, I read... eight!

(All photos are mine from my Instagram acount.)

~ Read 3 books for my latest Classics Club list Check! I read four:

~ Read 12 books off my TBR shelves Check!  I read fifteen:

~ Watch 6 movies off my TBW shelves Fail.  I only watched three from those stacks:

  • Footsteps in the Dark (1941)
  • Since You Went Away (1944)
  • Pale Rider (1985)

~ Watch 3 Christmas movies Check!  I watched six!

~ Go see Death on the Nile Check!  Here's what I thought of it.

~ Have friends over for a Ukrainian Christmas celebration Check!  It was delightful.  We're praying hard for Ukraine right now, and supporting Ukrainians however we can.  Because my husband's family lived in Ukraine for many years, we have a lot of love for the Ukrainian people, and it is so heartbreaking to see them attacked this way.

~ Host a mystery-themed blog party in February Check!  It was lots of fun :-)

And, there you have it!  Some fails, many checks.  Onward and upward!  Farther up and farther in!

6 comments:

  1. Congrats on your revision progress! That's not an easy task, especially with such a long, hefty story, but you're making it! *applauds*

    I watched Muppets' Christmas Carol for the first time this Christmas, while I was laid out flat in bed with Covid. Maybe it was my (extremely weak) physical state, but I cried like a little baby.

    That's one darn good movie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Katie! It feels like this revision is going sooooo slowly, but I need to keep reminding myself this book is twice as long as the first three were. Of course it will take longer to revise!

      I love the Muppet Christmas Carol so much. I get teary over it in multiple places -- Michael Caine in particular is so moving in it!

      Delete
  2. Half done is still really impressive.
    I need to watch Death on the Nile.
    Been praying for Ukraine too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Skye, thank you! I have not had a lot of time to work on MRAMR in the last couple weeks, but I can't wait to get my momentum going for it again in a few days.

      Death on the Nile was very pretty, and I'm not sorry I saw it on the big screen.

      Glad you're praying for Ukraine too! <3

      Delete
  3. Well-done! I think you accomplished quite a bit on your to-do list! you’ve inspired me to watch “Footsteps in the Dark” tonight. I love Errol Flynn, and have always wanted to see this one. Keep up your good work! 😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Amy! How did you like Footsteps in the Dark? Cowboy and I laughed quite a bit over it -- he likes to quote one bit (the thing where Errol pretends to be a clock) rather a lot, which always cracks me up.

      Delete

Agree or disagree? That is the question...

Comments on old posts are always welcome! Posts older than 7 days are on moderation to dissuade spambots, so if your comment doesn't show up right away, don't worry -- it will once I approve it.

(Rudeness and vulgar language will not be tolerated.)