Monday, April 29, 2019

The Five Things Tag

I'm snurching this from I'm Charles Baker Harris (And I Can Read) and Coffee, Classics, and Craziness because they said I could :-)  And because I'm in a fill-out-tags mood!

(All photos are ones I've taken myself and shared on my Instagram account.)


Five Things You’ll Find In My Purse: 

1.  Crayons

2.  Band-aids

3.  Hand sanitizer

4.  Tissues

5.  Children's Tylenol

(I literally only carry a purse when my kids are with me.  It's like a diaper bag without the diapers, filled with stuff the kids need.  I carry everything I personally need in my pants pockets.)


Five Things You’ll Find In My Bedroom: 

1.  Books I haven't read yet

2.  Fabric I haven't made anything out of yet

3.  Scissors

4.  Photo albums

5.  An antique radio desk that belonged to my grandparents

(Also a giant pile of stufffffffffffffffffffffffffffff that I am determined to tame.  Soon.)


Five Things I’ve Always Wanted To Do: 

1.  Ride a horse bareback

2.  Learn to arrange flowers

3.  Learn to decorate cakes

4.  See the Northern Lights

5.  Sail on a tall ship

(Any surprises there?)


Five Things That Make Me Feel Happy: 

1.  Bobby Darin music

2.  A good story, well told

3.  Flowers

4.  The first drink from a freshly opened can of Coca-cola

5.  Oreos dunked in coffee

(Also the more traditional answers like God's love, my husband, and my kids.  But those aren't things, and this says things, so there you go.)


Five Things I’m Currently Into: 

1.  Rewatching The Magnificent Seven (1998-2000) TV show now that I've seen the whole series, especially because I'm crushing on Vin Tanner in a big way, thankyouverymuch

2.  Framing the posters in my basement so they don't fall off the walls like they do every single summer thanks to the humidity killing the tape I usually use

3.  Readying my house for the long-awaited company who will descend upon it in a whirlwind tonight

4.  Mulling over Avengers: Endgame

5.  Preparing to start my first-ever book club next month

(I'm so busy!  Why am I so busy?!?)


Five Things On My To-Do List:

1.  Finish the first draft of my Snow White retelling

2.  Go see Avengers: Endgame a second time

3.  Catch up on laundry

4.  Finish beta-reading two books for friends

5.  Make an awning for our porch swing

(No prizes guessing which of those I'll accomplish first.)



That's it!  Not tagging anyone cuz I need to get back to setting up guest beds and such, so if you think this looks fun and want to do it, then... tag!  You're it!

11 comments:

  1. Loved reading your answers!! :D

    I, too, am busy mulling over Endgame and planning to see it a second time. My reaction was overwhelmingly positive, though. They did SO MANY OF THE THINGS I HOPED THEY WOULD DO and they did them so beautifully and I'm just very, very grateful. <333

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Katie!

      My reaction was also overwhelmingly positive. I can't wait for the weekend so I can see it again somehow. It's just wonderful. SO MUCH BETTER THAN I EVER DARED HOPE!

      Delete
    2. :D :D :D

      It was everything I wanted it to be. I was so happy.

      Delete
  2. Great answers.

    I'm mulling about Endgame too. It was really good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Skye!

      Yes, it was. It was better than I ever hoped. I'm so relieved, pleased, and fulfilled.

      Delete
  3. This looks like a fun tag! I enjoyed reading your answers and might have to steal this for myself sometime. :)

    Ugh, you mentioned Endgame twice and now I want to see it even more! I definitely need to make it to theaters soon. Everyone I know whose seen it says it's amazing and I'm dying to watch it myself. :)

    Ooh, how exciting that your starting a book club! Sounds very fun, indeed. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Molly, have at it! It's definitely a fun, quick tag.

      YES. Endgame is wonderful. Go.

      I've never belonged to a book club in real life, just done online readalongs on blogs and such, so I'm a little nervous, but I know everyone who'se coming, so really, I'm just being silly. I'm sure it will be great fun!

      Delete
  4. All the things that make you happy make me happy as well. Except for the Coca Cola thing bc I never got a taste for it. :P

    Really enjoyed your answers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eva, aww, that's so cool! Mmmmm, I will drink all your Coca-Cola for you :-)

      Delete
  5. Hehe, the "giant pile of stuffffffffffff". Can't we all relate?? ;)

    Ooh, the Northern lights! That's something I've thought would be cool, too. I forgot it when doing my answers to this tag, though. Oh, well. :-P

    You're starting a book club?! That's so cool! What book are y'all going to start with?

    (I really like all the pictures you used, by the way.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Olivia, um, yeah. Always with the giant pile of stuffffff. And plenty of smaller piles too. Urgh.

      Yeah, so I've never belonged to a real-life book club, so this is going to be an adventure! It's with a bunch of friends and acquaintances at church, and we're only going to meet 3 or 4 times a year. And we're reading A Flame in the Dark by Sarah Baughman, which I've read (and reviewed here) before and enjoyed a ton. I'm enjoying it even more the second time through.

      (Thanks! I love taking photos of flowers, and it was fun to share these somewhere besides IG.)

      Delete

Agree or disagree? That is the question...

Comments on old posts are always welcome! Posts older than 7 days are on moderation to dissuade spambots, so if your comment doesn't show up right away, don't worry -- it will once I approve it.

(Rudeness and vulgar language will not be tolerated.)