Acknowledge the blog that gave it to you and display the award. (Check!)
Answer the 11 questions that the blogger gives you. (See below.)
Give 11 random facts about yourself. (See farther below.)
Nominate 11 blogs. (Keep scrolling.)
Give them 11 questions to answer. (At the bottom.)
Katherine and Grace's questions for me:
1. What is your favorite quote?
I don't know that I have just one, single, solitary favorite quotation. But I do love this one:
2. Share your most-used recipe?
Spread peanut butter on two slices of bread. Spread jelly or jam or apple butter or raw honey on top of the peanut butter on one of the slices of bread. Put them together, un-slathered sides out. Devour.
Aside from that one, I use my recipe for Stir-Crazy Cake a lot, and I just shared it on my recipe blog the other day.
3. Are you a writer, and do you have any published works?
I am, and I do! I have a Sleeping Beauty retelling called "The Man on the Buckskin Horse" included in the Five Magic Spindles anthology, and I released a Little Red Riding Hood retelling called Cloaked last year. Click on their titles to see them on Amazon ;-) And my Twelve Dancing Princesses retelling, Dancing and Doughnuts, will be available on August 31!
4. What are some of your hobbies?
Reading, watching movies, baking, crocheting, sewing, procrastinating, gardening...
5. Are you a fan of musicals?
Absolutely love them! My favorite is An American in Paris (1951)
6. What fond family traditions would you like to continue when you get married and start a family? Or if these joyous series of events have already arrived, what have you implemented already?
Reading out loud to my kids like my mom read out loud to me is a big one. Listening to Elvis's Christmas music while decorating the Christmas tree is another. Telling my kids, "I love you, and so does Jesus" when I put them to bed, like my dad always did for us.
7. What is one particular character trait that you would like to train your future/present children in?
Honesty. Trust and honesty are sooooo important throughout all of life.
8. What is a boy's and girl's name that you like?
I like the names James and Anne particularly well. Randomly, I have a nephew and a niece named each of those.
9. Tell us a favorite joke?
Two guys walked into a bar and the third guy ducked.
10. Recommend three books?
A Flame in the Dark by Sarah Baughman
Girl Waits with Gun by Amy Stewart
Snow White by Matt Phelan
Each one of those is unique and enjoyable. And clean. Titles are linked to my reviews of them on my book blog.
11. What is a period drama you love?
The Man from Snowy River (1982) is my absolute favorite movie of all time.
Now for 11 facts about me!
- I love black nailpolish.
- I can bake bread from scratch.
- I joined Instagram in February and love it.
- I have ideas for 6 more Old West fairy tale retellings in my head.
- I don't like bright orange.
- I have achilles tendonitis.
- I like to play in the dirt.
- I write a column on wild west history for the Prairie Times.
- I love to whistle.
- My MBTI personality type is ISFJ.
- I've ridden a horse in the ocean.
Okay, I need to nominate 11 blogs I love for the Liebster now. Here are my nominees:
Any Merry Little Thought
Holds Upon Happiness
I'm Charles Baker Harris (and I Can Read)
Lady of the Manor
Liv K. Fisher
Musings of an Introvert
Ramblings of a Redhead Girl
You, Me, and a Cup of Tea
And here are my 11 questions for my nominees to answer!!!
1. Why did you start blogging?
2. How long have you been blogging?
3. What are three of your favorite blog posts you've written?
4. What are three blogs you love to read?
5. How has blogging impacted your life?
6. Do you have multiple blogs? If so, how many?
7. What's some blogging advice you've found to be really helpful?
8. What's some blogging advice you've heard and ignored?
9. What do you really enjoy about blogging?
10. What do you not enjoy about blogging?
11. How did you choose your blog's name?
That's all! And that's enough.