Monday, February 08, 2016
Little House Blog Party Tag
Ashley is hosting a Little House blog party on her blog, A to Z all week this week! She's kicked things off with a fun tag to fill out, which I shall hereby do forthwith:
1. How did you discover Little House?
My mom read the books aloud to me and my brother over and over when I was a kid. She also liked the TV show, so I've seen quite many eps of that.
2. Which Little House series have you read? Which are you favorite? (Laura, Martha, Rose, etc.)
I've only read the Laura books. In fact, until a couple years ago, I didn't know more existed!
3. Have you read any "extra" Little House books? (non "canon", cookbooks, song books, craft books, little kid books, etc.)
I've got the cookbook and the song book :-) I've also read some of the picture books to my kids, getting them from the library at various times. And a couple years ago, I gave the Little House Paper Dolls to a young friend of ours -- it was reportedly her favorite gift that Christmas! Also, I have a board game that was based on the TV series. And when I was like 8, we went to the actual site of their dugout home, where my parents bought me a bonnet that I still have.
4. Have you read any biographies/autobiographies about Laura or any of the Little House girls?
I just got the Laura's annotated autobiography Pioneer Girl for Christmas. I've started reading it, but it's kind of large and cumbersome, so I'm having trouble figuring out the best time and place to delve into it.
5. If you could be in any character's place, who would you choose and why?
I've always thought Almonzo's childhood sounded amazing.
6. What's your favorite Little House ship? (AKA couple)
Charles and Caroline, probably.
7. What's your favorite Little House book? Cover?
My favorite book is Little House in the Big Woods, but my favorite cover is the one for By the Shores of Silver Lake.
8. If you could invite any secondary character from any of the Little House books over for dinner, who would you choose and why?
Well, Almonzo and Royal Wilder have always fascinated me. I had a teensy bit of a crush on Royal when I was really little.
9. Have you watched the Little House TV show? If so, do you enjoy it?
I've seen lots of eps, and I greatly enjoy it.
10. If you could watch a YouTube miniseries on any Little House book or series, which would you choose and how would the basic plot go?
Well, I've never actually followed a YouTube miniseries. I've tried bits of a couple, but none have grabbed me. I'm assuming you mean a sort of updated, modernized thing like The Lizzie Bennet Diaries? If so, then I suppose something about Laura's adventures teaching would work -- a young teacher trying to keep order with a bunch of unruly students and find her way as a newly minted adult.
Don't forget to go check out Ashley's blog! She's got a fun giveaway, and will be posting more stuff all week long :-) In fact, today, she posted my guest review of The Little House Cookbook.