Thursday, April 03, 2014

Beautiful Blog Award



Sweet Emma Jane over at For the Beauty of the Earth has nominated me for the Beautiful Blog Award!  Thank you so much, Emma Jane!  Here are my answers to her amusing questions:

~What is one of your favorite period drama lines that you find yourself quoting often? 

I probably quote a line from the Jeremy Brett version of The Hound of the Baskervilles more than any other -- I say, "It's quite disgusting, Holmes" a LOT.

~What was the last book you read? 

Tales of the Jazz Age by F. Scott Fitzgerald

~What is the best movie you've seen so far in 2014? 

Hmm.  I'm assuming you mean movie I hadn't seen before.  I'd say either Frozen or Saving Mr. Banks.

~Who is one of your least-favorite period drama couples?

I can't stand Holly Golightly getting paired off with Paul at the end of Breakfast at Tiffany's -- it's the whole reason I hate the movie.  (The 1960s is a period, right?)

~Who is the one period drama man you can most imagine yourself marrying? (This doesn't have to be your favorite literary/period drama hero, just the man you think you would be most suited to.) 

ONE?  Okay, I asked my husband for his advice, and he says I should marry Dr. John Watson, and we could be quiet, helpful, and nice together.  I think we could be happy, so I'll go with that.  (The two that first popped into my head were Boromir and Shane.)

~ What is your favorite time period and culture to read about? 

I love the Wild West, but I'm also very fond of the Victorian Era.

~Are you familiar with the Irish music group Celtic Woman? If so, who is your favorite of the singers? 

My mom's a fan, does that count?  :-)  I've heard a few of their songs, but I don't know them well enough to have a favorite.

~What is one of your all-time favorite book covers? 

I love this cover for The Lord of the Rings:


It's the one I have, and I wrote a whole post here on my book blog about how much I love my copy and what all I've done with it.

~Is there a specific period drama/literary character whom you often find yourself quoting? 

I quote Anne of Green Gables with some regularity. 

~Is there a specific period drama/literary character whom you find yourself acting a lot like sometimes? 

Hmm. I've always thought I was a lot like Jo March from Little Women and its sequels.

And now that I've finished answering these questions, I get to nominate some other bloggers and set them some questions to answer.  I hereby nominate:

Lady Eowyn of High Noon
Heidi at The Far Side of Forever
Lydia from Shelves in the Closet
Heidi from Along the Brandywine
Jessie from So Much More Than They've Got Planned

And here are my questions for you:

o What's the first movie you can remember seeing?
o What's your favorite fruit?
o What's your least-favorite kind of pie?
o If you could be any superhero(ine) for a day, who would you like to be?
o What was your favorite picture book when you were a child?
o What was the last board/card game you played?
o Do you prefer feather pillows or foam?
o What are three of your favorite blogs?  (Please provide links)

Play if you want to -- don't feel like you hafta ;-)

Okay, this post has taken me three days to write, but I've got it finished at last.  Huzzah! 

4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for nominating me!!! Would it be fine with you though, if I answered the questions on my other blog, Captured by the Word? I hope you have a lovely evening. :)
    ~ Eowyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! Play wherever and whenever you like :-)

      Delete
    2. I just wanted to let you know I put up the tag! If you like, you can view it at: http://headinthecloudsandpeninhand.blogspot.com/2014/04/in-springtime-springtime-when-tags-do.html
      Thanks again for nominating me, I had a lot of fun. :)
      Eowyn

      Delete
    3. Cool! I'll quick check it out before bed.

      Delete

Agree or disagree? That is the question...

Comments on old posts are always welcome! Posts older than 7 days are on moderation to dissuade spambots, so if your comment doesn't show up right away, don't worry -- it will once I approve it.

(Rudeness and vulgar language will not be tolerated.)