Monday, March 04, 2013

Monday Movie Quote Link Up 1

Sunshine and Shadows has started a fun new series:  Monday Movie Quote Link-Ups!  And since I endlessly quote movies, how can I help but join in?

My quote for today comes from my favorite movie of all time, The Man from Snowy River (1982).



"What's the first thing you do when a horse bucks you off?"
"You don't let him beat you, you get straight back on."

That's an exchange from expert drover Clancy to young horseman Jim Craig.  Jim has been kicked off the Harrison homestead on suspicion of stealing a valuable horse, and this is Clancy's way of telling him he needs to stop avoiding the problem and go prove he's innocent.  This bit of advice has stood me well over the years -- my dad even quoted it to me when I broke my arm rollerskating at the age of 12 and said I would never skate again.

Join the link up here!

9 comments:

  1. Ooh! So...I admit, we have both of those movies and I have never watched them. Ever. And I probably should. :D Lovely quote! Thanks for joining my link-up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rather obviously, I adore the first one. The sequel... meh. Too modernized.

      Thanks for hosting! I'm looking forward to participating often.

      Delete
  2. Such a fun series. Glad Micah thought of it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I only saw these movies once when I was a teenager and I fear the only impression that I really remember from them is the heroine's BUSHY HAIR!! I should probably give these another try, now that I'm older! :D I came over from Micah's Link-up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the sequel where she has bushy hair! Horrible, horrible sequel. I ignore it.

      Nice to see you here!

      Delete
  4. I love these movies so much! Thanks for sharing.

    www.modernworld4.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The first one in particular is perfection. Always nice to meet a fellow fan, as they're a bit hard to find!

      Delete
  5. The last couple of years have brought out some amazing movies and think this year is going to be great, too. Wolverine is my second favorite superhero followed by Iron Man and I can't wait to see the new Wolverine movie!

    Thanks for your comment on my Captain America review : ) It took me a while to make the connection, but I eventually saw it and I think it's good theme to have in a storyline and multiple storylines.

    ~Ivy

    ReplyDelete

Agree or disagree? That is the question...

Comments on old posts are always welcome! Posts older than 7 days are on moderation to dissuade spambots, so if your comment doesn't show up right away, don't worry -- it will once I approve it.

(Rudeness and vulgar language will not be tolerated.)