- Being expected to love being pregnant.
- Being expected to think every single thing made for a baby is cuuuuuute.
- Swollen feet that feel bruised because I have to wear shoes to work.
- This muscle in my upper abdomen that never quite stops aching.
- The matching muscle in my back that's never totally happy either.
- Having so much baby inside that my stomach is squished and I can't eat much.
- People who would rather talk about the baby than anything else.
- People who think I'm a bad mother or something when I want to talk about something other than the baby.
- Awkward sex.
- All the piles of baby stuff squatting in my living room because I haven't gotten around to cleaning out enough room in the Play Room to put the baby stuff in there.
- Lack of energy.
- Lack of desire, motivation, and sometimes ability to write.
- Needing to sleep more and then feeling guilty about it because I have other stuff to do.
- Knowing that once the baby arrives, I'll be even more tired for a while.
- People who already act like the baby is more interesting than I am. I'm still a person too!
- The fact that the words "I'm still a person too!" bring tears to my eyes.
Tuesday, August 21, 2007
Things I Hate About Being Pregnant