Tuesday, June 26, 2007

"Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer" (2007) -- Initial Thoughts

I just got back from Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer. I quite liked it, actually. It's not the most amazing movie I've ever seen, but neither was the first one. Although it's not something I was dying to see, I did want to see it on the big screen because I knew the effects would be much cooler than watching it on my little TV. And cool they were -- particularly the Silver Surfer, who was done by WETA Digital and therefore rocked, of course. I actually liked it better on a whole than Spider-man 3, as it didn't devolve into gooshy angst-ridden slop. It just stayed fun and rompy -- light-hearted without getting silly.

Besides, hello? Ioan Gruffudd!

Anyway, it got two Warheads. Hmm, seems to be a trend this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Agree or disagree? That is the question...

Comments on old posts are always welcome! Posts older than 7 days are on moderation to dissuade spambots, so if your comment doesn't show up right away, don't worry -- it will once I approve it.

(Rudeness and vulgar language will not be tolerated.)