Thursday, August 31, 2006

Glenn Ford died yesterday! I'm so sad! Man, I love him in so many movies, ever since I first saw Blackboard Jungle. I got that movie cuz it's Vic Morrow's first movie, but I ended up liking Vic's adversary, Glenn Ford, too. Which, I suppose, is natural, since Ford is playing the good guy and Vic is (very effectively) playing the knife-wielding punk with very funny hair.

Anyway, after Blackboard Jungle, I saw him in lots of westerns, like The Fastest Gun Alive, 3:10 to Yuma, and Cimarron (also opposite Vic Morrow!). And, of course, he played Superman's adoptive daddy. But I'll always like him best in Blackboard Jungle and The Fastest Gun Alive, playing honorable, upright men who want to uphold the law (even if they have to get a little tricksy about it). Hmm, seems to be a trend in my taste in leading men, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Agree or disagree? That is the question...

Comments on old posts are always welcome! Posts older than 7 days are on moderation to dissuade spambots, so if your comment doesn't show up right away, don't worry -- it will once I approve it.

(Rudeness and vulgar language will not be tolerated.)