Wednesday, June 22, 2005

My favorite recurring guest character on M*A*S*H is Colonel Flagg, the FBI/CIA/Intelligence man. He totally cracks me up! We just watched the season 5 ep "The Abduction of Margaret Hoolihan", in which he said: "Nobody can get the truth out of me because even I don't know what it is. I keep myself in a perpetual state of utter confusion." We laughed so hard, I had to rewind it twice to hear the dialogue that came next! I think I'm mostly tickled by the way he can say the most ridiculous, nonsensical things totally deadpan. That and he gets the weirdest dialogue.

And I just found out (via imdb.com, one of my favorite websites) that the guy who plays Flagg, Edward Winter, was in an episode of Mathnet, the Dragnet-esque segment of Square One, which I adored when I was a kid! I think I vaguely remember the character he played ('Clarence Sampson' in "The Problem of the Missing Baseball")...

3 comments:

  1. Would you believe I've never watched MASH? Somehow it's never crossed my life.

    Lanyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I identify with the quote. I believe it's a Roundys motto too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lanyn--you've never watched MASH? Shame on you! It's really funny! Altho I'll admit I never watched it until I went to college. But Cowboy and I are now watching all of them in order, on dvd from the library!

    PhiloPoet--I agree, it's a very applicable quotation. I thought of it Monday night at work when my boss asked me the same question three different times...

    ReplyDelete

Agree or disagree? That is the question...

Comments on old posts are always welcome! Posts older than 7 days are on moderation to dissuade spambots, so if your comment doesn't show up right away, don't worry -- it will once I approve it.

(Rudeness and vulgar language will not be tolerated.)