Sunday, April 10, 2005

I just returned from one of my best birthday-parties ever! My dearest friend ED planned it around the perfect theme: Dracula! If you know me, you probably know about my vampire addiction...it's one of my more sordid obsessions, I suppose. ED invited scads of people, but the party ended being small and cozy: ED, MB, Lily Snape, and yours truly. We began the evening by attending a live performance of Dracula, all dressed as movie stars (I went as Grace Kelly in To Catch a Thief). It was a local community theatre group, so nothing spectacular, but still quite enjoyable. Then we proceeded back to the Dragon's Lair (aka ED's pad), where we ate chocolate cake, tortillas with taco dip, and popcorn, and consumed copious amounts of caffeine, in the form of Classic and Cherry Coca-Cola (my drug of choice!). I opened my presents (all fabulous!), and we watched "Buffy vs. Dracula", Dracula 2000, and "Once More with Feeling" (the Buffy musical). And of course, we spent a good deal of time simply palavering.

It's actually two weeks until my birthday, but Cowboy and I have a mini-break planned for that weekend, so I did my friend-oriented celebrating early...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Agree or disagree? That is the question...

Comments on old posts are always welcome! Posts older than 7 days are on moderation to dissuade spambots, so if your comment doesn't show up right away, don't worry -- it will once I approve it.

(Rudeness and vulgar language will not be tolerated.)