Monday, June 13, 2022

Announcing Legends of Western Cinema Week 2022

Yippee!  Olivia (of Meanwhile, in Rivendell...) and Heidi (of Along the Brandywine) and I are co-hosting Legends of Western Cinema Week again this summer!


You are hereby invited to join us the last week of July to celebrate all things related to western movies and TV shows.  The three of us will provide a tag you can fill out, plus some games and giveaways.  That leaves plenty of fun for you to contribute yourselves!


Because this is a blog party, not a blogathon, there is no limit to how many posts you can contribute, or how many people post about the same subject.  The only rules are that your posts have to be appreciative and not derogatory, have to be about westerns, and have to be new posts (not just linking to old ones).  Aside from that, it's all good!  Top ten lists, tribute posts to actors or characters, movie reviews, soundtrack appreciation posts, or whatever else you can dream up -- you are welcome to bring them to the table!


If you need help narrowing down your ideas, or aren't sure if something is "western" enough, we can discuss that in the comments.  But there is no actual sign-up list.  However, it would be awfully nice of you to post one of these lovely buttons (made by Olivia) to your own blog and link back to one of our announcement posts so other people can join the fun.

If you've never attended one of our LOWCW shindigs before, here's a link to my wrap-up for last year's event, just to give you an idea of the kinds of things people contribute.

Note: I broke my arm yesterday and have to have surgery to set it, so I will be a little slow answering comments for a while.  But I WILL answer them!

22 comments:

  1. Woo-hoo!

    I'm planning to write something about Hour of the Gun. I've been saving it for this blog party. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eva, I can't wait to read your take on HOTG!!! Mmmmm, so meaty and delicious.

      Delete
    2. It refuses to leave my mind, so obviously a blog post is called for.

      Delete
    3. Eva, obviously! And I am delighted :-D

      Delete
  2. Hi there lovely, hope you feel better soon... sorry to hear about your arm. A wee question, are Sci-fi or Space westerns allowed... was thinking about doing Westworld (1973)...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Gill! Surgery was a success and I am working hard at being patient while I recover, heh.

      Westworld would be a great addition! Definitely allowed.

      Delete
    2. Thanks, glad to hear all went well.

      Delete
  3. Yippee!! (Sorry for the delay, just got on / got my post up, yay!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool! I'm thinking "The Good, The Bad, And the Ugly." Glad you're on the mend, too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rebecca, very cool! And thanks :-) Every day is a step forward!

      Delete
  5. I'm going to get my act together and actually review something for this...can't wait!! Yeehaw!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Hamlette! Glad to see this blogathon come back! Would the 1992 Hallmark Hall of Fame film, 'O Pioneers!' be eligible for the event? If so, I will review that movie for the blogathon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sally, that would be a perfect contribution! I look forward to it :-)

      Delete
  7. Hi there, just to say after really enjoying your last tag will be doing this instead of a review... hope you are recovering well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Gill! That sounds fine :-) Thanks! I only have to wear the brace for one more week, andy physical therapy is helping me get my range of motion back. Next up will be strength training, once I'm done with the brace!

      Delete
    2. Good to hear you on the mend. Good luck with the strength training.

      Delete
  8. Great timing! I'm re-watching The Long Riders (1980) tonight. I will post my review shortly afterwards. Get well soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maniac, that is perfect timing!

      Today is 6 weeks from the break, so I just have to wait for my final appt. with the surgeon to get his okay to stop wearing my brace, but it should be all healed inside now.

      Delete

Agree or disagree? That is the question...

Comments on old posts are always welcome! Posts older than 7 days are on moderation to dissuade spambots, so if your comment doesn't show up right away, don't worry -- it will once I approve it.

(Rudeness and vulgar language will not be tolerated.)