December is here! December is here! I've waited a whole year for this month! And man, it has been a looooooong year, hasn't it?
This picture is brought to you by my getting to go out and see Casablanca (1942) in the theater with some friends last month. We all dressed up in as close to period-correct clothing and so on as we could. (This picture also brought to you by the Keto diet, thanks to which I have dropped 15 of the pounds I picked up after my gall bladder removal a few years ago. I finally have a jawline again.)
~ Write a short story Semi-fail A couple days ago, I did get an idea for a short story sequel to One Bad Apple, and I've started it, but it's not nearly finished.~ Start writing my Beauty and the Beast retelling Check! It doesn't have a real title yet, though I call it Schoen und Stark just because I hate writing things without a title. But I know that won't be its final title. I've got three chapters done and will start on the fourth as soon as I finish the aforementioned short story.
~ Read Roverandom by J. R. R. Tolkien Check! It was enchanting -- my review is here.
~ Read 1 other title for my Classics Club list Check! In fact, I read SEVEN more classics! They were:
- In Our Time by Ernest Hemingway
- Crossfire Trail by Louis L'Amour
- To Tame a Land by Louis L'Amour
- A Grief Observed by C. S. Lewis
- A Man Called Peter by Catherine Marshall
- The Father Hunt by Rex Stout
- Over the Moon by Natalie Lloyd
- Aslan's World by Angus Menuge
- A Very Bookish Thanksgiving by Kelsey Bryant, Sarah Holman, J. Grace Pennington, Rebekah Jones, and Amanda Tero
- Tales of the Black Widowers by Isaac Asimov
- Come in, We're Closed by Tyler Bramwell
- Marsalis on Music by Wynton Marsalis
~ Finish the blanket I'm crocheting for my 8-yr-old's bed Check! I'm so pleased with it, and so is she: