That was bad.
Especially because I missed out on the Little Women Blog Party hosted by Lavender Spring and A Ramble Through the Woods! Ooooooooops.
Anyway, Abby P. said I could fill out the party tag even though I'm weeks late, so here goes :-)
|(Yes, I'm loving being a bookstagrammer.)|
1. Is there anything from the book that you wish were in the movie?
More of Amy's growth and change would have been nice.
2. If you could change one point of the plot, which would it be?
I wish there had been some way for Alcott to make it perfectly clear to every single reader that Jo and Laurie were an unsuitable match so that I wouldn't have to keep reading people "shipping" them.
3. In Chapter 13, the March sisters and Laurie talk about "Castles in the Air," basically their unrealistic but lovely hopes and dreams. What is your castle in the air?
To have a movie made of one of my stories some day.
4. What would you most like to see in a new adaptation of Little Women, whether in book or film?
More of Aunt March!
5. What is your favorite dress from the movie?
I'm assuming we're talking the 1994 movie here. Probably Jo's red party dress. I would wear it.
From the 1978 version, I like this one:
6. Which March sister(s) do you relate to the most?
Definitely Jo, as she's a tomboy and a writer. So am I.
7. Do you have a favorite film adaptation of Little Women?
I do love the 1994, as I kind of grew up with it -- it came out when I was 14. But I really enjoy the 1978 one too. I haven't seen the 1949 or 1933 versions yet, but I want to!
8. What is your favorite quote from Little Women?(movie quotes count!)
I have two!
(I have a fridge magnet that says one of those, and a coffee mug that says the other. These images are both from Pinterest, though, not my magnet or mug.)
9. Do you have a favorite scene/chapter from Little Women?
Whether it's in the book or on the screen, Jo and Professor Bhaer finally coming to an understanding gets me every time.
10. Aside from the March sisters, who is your favorite character from the story?
It's a toss-up between Professor Bhaer and Marmee.