Here at the end of the first month of the Period Drama Challenge, Miss Laurie has asked a few questions that I'm going to answer quickly
1. What period dramas have you watched in January?
To Have and Have Not (1944) and Rebecca (1979). I've also watched half of the 2005 Pride and Prejudice, but my copy quit working! So irritating. That'll have to be saved for later, I guess.
2. Do you prefer period dramas peppered with humor or laced with dark emotions?
Both! Sometimes in the same movie. On a whole, I prefer drama over comedy, but mostly because a lot of comedies just don't fit my personal tastes. Something that mixes the two is most delightful.
3. What was the first period drama miniseries (two episodes or longer) that you ever watched?
Ever in my life? Most likely The Blue and the Gray -- I can't actually remember the first time I saw it.
4. How many Jane Austen adaptations have you seen?
Five: Pride and Prejudice (1940), Sense and Sensibility (1995), Pride and Prejudice (1995), Emma (1996), Pride and Prejudice (2005).
5. What period drama, that you haven't seen before, are you most looking forward to seeing in the future?
The King's Speech -- I'm planning to see it next month, at long last!