Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Let's Try This Again

As Sam Gamgee said, "Well, I'm back."

I thought for a while that a post about my first experience seeing Hamlet live seemed like a sort of capstone for a blog titled Hamlette's Soliloquy.  Plus, I loved seeing the Playbill whenever I visited this blog.  I didn't want that post to get pushed down, much less end up in my archives, as if my memory of that magical evening would also be displaced.  Silly me.  That's a memory I'll cherish all my life -- it's not dependent on whether I blog again here or not.


And so, I'm back.  I've changed up the look of things a bit, as you've no doubt noticed.  A lot has changed in my life since I last wrote here, nearly a year ago.  I gave birth to our daughter, Mercy, in February -- she's now 7 months old and learning to walk.  Dano will be 3 in a couple weeks, and he's learning to read.  And we'll all be moving soonish, whenever Cowboy's new job is ready for him.  Just a transfer to a new position, but it means we'll be moving to a different state.  Oooh, that's gonna be fun.  Anyway, thought a new look for this blog might be nice, kind of an "All the world's a stage" look, I think.  I changed my user icon too, from Sir John Gielgud as Hamlet to Liev Schreiber as Hamlet.  Because I'm crushing on Liev lately and it's a cool shot.


I'm going to get back into this blog's groove by doing a meme or two.  My dear friend Deborah Koren did several 30-day memes on her blog, Sidewalk Crossings, this year, and they've been tempting me, begging me to come back to the blogosphere.  I'm heeding their call at last.  Haven't quite decided which one to do first yet, so I'll post about that more tomorrow.  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Agree or disagree? That is the question...

Comments on old posts are always welcome! Posts older than 7 days are on moderation to dissuade spambots, so if your comment doesn't show up right away, don't worry -- it will once I approve it.

(Rudeness and vulgar language will not be tolerated.)