Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Dano started doing the cutest thing this afternoon: making little kissing noises! I tried to get it on video, but it was nearly nap time and he got cranky when I wouldn't let him play with the camera. Still, it was adorable, these little smacky kissy noises.

Today he also figured out how to turn on the hot water in the bathtub. At first he just turned it on a little, and was fascinated by watching the water come out, but then he turned it on more, and then he got scared. For some reason, he gets really upset if he's in the bathroom while Cowboy or I are taking a shower -- he gets all squirmy and whiny and worried. He started doing the same thing when he turned the water on more and it got louder. So maybe that'll keep him from playing with it all the time. (Know what 'fat chance' means?)

All day, I've had Coldplay's new song "Viva La Vida" stuck in my head. The lyric are rather... surreal, but I don't really pay attention to them anyway, the tune is the cool part. This is doubly odd for me, as I'm usually all about lyrics, and I don't like most of Coldplay's stuff because their songs never seem to go anywhere. Except this one.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, it was good. I'm disappointed that the lyrics don't mean anything, however.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, I'm sure their lyrics DO mean something, somehow. Either I'm not getting them, or you need to be toked up to get them, or something. They feel like they're trying to say something profound about the loss of power and the way time changes things, but they keep sliding around the point by playing with attention-grabbing images. Hmm.

    ReplyDelete

Agree or disagree? That is the question...

Comments on old posts are always welcome! Posts older than 7 days are on moderation to dissuade spambots, so if your comment doesn't show up right away, don't worry -- it will once I approve it.

(Rudeness and vulgar language will not be tolerated.)