Friday, September 28, 2007

Just got back from a checkup about 20 minutes ago. I am now about 3cm dilated and 90% effaced, I have lost 1 pound, and the baby has indeed dropped. Last week they could move his head up out of the birth canal, but this week they couldn't. His head is happily corked in there, so when my water breaks, I don't have to worry about the cord prolapsing. Yay! Also, my nurse said she actually could have broken my water this morning, but she didn't cuz I'm not all "Get it out of me NOW!" yet, so she swept my membranes again and sent me on my way.

Oh, and she guestimates he's about 7lb right now. Nice normal-sized baby.

2 comments:

  1. Ooh I wonder if you've had him by now. :D I'm sure it will be hard to update those first few weeks but maybe you can tell us his name anyway and perhaps some photos? I hope everything goes well with the labor and such.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope, haven't had him yet. Will upload pics when I have and am able, tho.

    And he'll be named Daniel Thomas.

    Thanks for the good wishes :-D You have my fondest hope for the same.

    ReplyDelete

Agree or disagree? That is the question...

Comments on old posts are always welcome! Posts older than 7 days are on moderation to dissuade spambots, so if your comment doesn't show up right away, don't worry -- it will once I approve it.

(Rudeness and vulgar language will not be tolerated.)