Thursday, April 19, 2007

On my twenty-five minute drive to work, I pass nine traditional barns. By traditional I mean wooden. They look like this, except with field stones for the first floor instead of cement blocks.
There are a bunch of barns with siding instead of wood and metal machine sheds too, but it's the wooden barns I like to watch for. Of the nine, only two of them are in disrepair. Seven of them are well-maintained, with fairly fresh paint, repairs to the stonework, etc. I see so many derelict old barns around that it's heartening to know some people still care for these massive pieces of history.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Agree or disagree? That is the question...

Comments on old posts are always welcome! Posts older than 7 days are on moderation to dissuade spambots, so if your comment doesn't show up right away, don't worry -- it will once I approve it.

(Rudeness and vulgar language will not be tolerated.)